ADVERTISEMENT

Duke v. Kansas, Champions Classic

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
All 4 top 4 teams are in this event tonight.

I am watching Kansas and the size of their bigs is imposing. Azubuike is 7’0”, 270 and McCormack is 6’10”, 265. That’s 535 pounds of muscled beef in the post and these guys look every bit their listed weights and heights.

From what I have seen Azubuike is prone to TOs if he is fed the ball too far from the hoop. He looks like he needs to just catch, turn and shoot to be effective but the dude is a monster.

Very surprising first half- Kansas had 18 TOs (very sloppy play against good D by Duke). The ball looked buttered for Kansas’s big men. Duke looks offensively challenged but they are ahead because of their D at the moment. I would expect Kansas to play a lot better in the second half.

This was a brutal game to watch. Duke wins 68-66, forcing 28 TOs by Kansas. Kansas had about a 5 minute stretch at the beginning of the second half where they had a few runouts and took a 6 point lead, but then Duke dug in and Kansas could not run offense and could not get any clean looks, and also could not hang on to the ball. Duke played good D but they are nothing special, they are a notch down from the last few years from what I can see. Neither of these teams look like a top 5 squad to me. Now on to MSU-UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT