ADVERTISEMENT

Duffy -CT Post : Don't get too starry eyed over recruit rankings

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Kevin Duffy: Don't get too starry eyed over recruiting rankings
From Diaco:
"There are some guys who have a handle on how to evaluate and some guys that don't. ... There are some services, if you
engage the service, your rating goes up. If you don't, then your rating doesn't go up. There are some guys that are just trying
to make a buck. It has little to do with your prowess on the field. And if that's the case, and it's prevalent as it is, then how is it
credible?"

Diaco said his staff gives the rankings "zero, nada" consideration. He said the value of a player is in team need, not in stars
and decimal points. And he said it as only Bob Diaco can."You may not like escargot," Diaco said. "Say beluga caviar --
it's so fancy and expensive and awesome. Well, I put it in my mouth and it doesn't taste good. So I'll have a cheeseburger."

" Today, it's equally fun to look back. Let's see if you remember: Which players comprised UConn's 2008 class and its woeful 2.14 star rating? That would be Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Trevardo Williams, Jordan Todman, Sio Moore, Ryan Griffin and Dwayne Gratz. Six NFL draft picks. Probably UConn's best class ever."

This post was edited on 2/5 11:30 PM by the Blades

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT