ADVERTISEMENT

Diarra and Williams- Will They Get Minutes?

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
So far by minutes played, Mamadou Diarra (6 mpg) and Kwintin Williams (3.5 mpg) are the last two scholarship guys on the bench (excepting Noyes), through 4 games played. And this is just in the games in which they actually played, as they have each racked up a DNP in the first 4 games, in Williams' case, 2.

Is KO going to show some love to these two? Do they deserve his love? I would have thought Diarra would have played a bit more. As I recall one poster here declared him a likely starter and he is not even close to being a rotation player. Are these guys healthy? If so, what can we expect from them?

I'd say Williams is not a surprise, but Diarra definitely is.

Initially this season I thought maybe Diarra's lack of playing time was due to the smaller, 3-pointer oriented lineups the mid-major teams were putting out there but after it continued against Oregon and Mich St., it looks like there are simply other guys ahead of him... he seems to quickly get into foul trouble and still has a way to go offensively... so far he looks more like a future contributor.

I was really surprised especially against Oregon when Ollie went with the small lineup instead of putting Diarra out there, but again I think it was because it was crunch time and for matchup reasons. If Cobb, Onuorah get into early foul trouble against a big team I think we'll see more Diarra. There just aren't that many big, tough low-post teams in college hoops anymore...

Diarra is a bit undersized as a big but we had heard that he was another Jeff Adrien, a tough kid with motor. He does seem a bit offensively challenged and when you are undersized it’s kind of tough to be offensively challenged. As far as getting in quick foul trouble that is a problem with all the bigs it seems....good thing we have lots of bodies!!!!!!

Last edited:
He looks like a good kid who just isnt that smart on the court. He never really is out there long enough to see anything. I THINK he just isnt that good but who knows.....even today he didnt get much action when there was PLENTY of reasons to get subs in to see what they got.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT