ADVERTISEMENT

David Singleton (CG) Class of 2018?

jhc08002

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2016

Would love if Ollie could get another talent in Cali and at a position of need. Sounds like there are whispers of him reclassifying to 2017. Ollie should do what he can to get him Storrs and as soon as possible.

The biggest position of need is shotblocking center. UConn has 4 good looking guards for the roster next year. It's true that none of them are bigger than 6'2", but it looks like a logjam to me.

The biggest position of need is shotblocking center. UConn has 4 good looking guards for the roster next year. It's true that none of them are bigger than 6'2", but it looks like a logjam to me.

There's room for a SG who can shoot. One of UConn biggest needs is a knock down shooter

I'm in agreement that a rim protector is currently the biggest need but I'm seriously doubting Jalen will play college ball next year

I'm in agreement that a rim protector is currently the biggest need but I'm seriously doubting Jalen will play college ball next year

Not taking anything for granted after Hamilton, but Adams isn't in one mock draft at the moment

Reactions: Shaggydog84
I have not seen Adams in a single mock draft either and really have no idea where he would be going. If you don't get listed on a single mock it's kind of unanimous the NBA does not think you are ready. Hamilton in his sophomore year was a lottery pick at this stage but then slipped to late first round and then his stock slid further when he had a horrible combine and finished last in vertical leap. If you want to see some NBA ready players Kentucky has 3 on their team all of whom are in the current top 17 according to the latest mock by BR.

Last edited:
We'll see I guess, I'm not sure how much favor to give the mocks but there is a lot of season left and I'm not sure what else Jalen needs to show the NBA. He's going to be a pg at the next level so when Al comes back he's supposed to play sg next year? I hope I'm wrong.

We'll see I guess, I'm not sure how much favor to give the mocks but there is a lot of season left and I'm not sure what else Jalen needs to show the NBA. He's going to be a pg at the next level so when Al comes back he's supposed to play sg next year? I hope I'm wrong.

I think he still needs to show the NBA that he can consistently knock down perimeter shots and also finish through contact.

I think he still needs to show the NBA that he can consistently knock down perimeter shots and also finish through contact.

I agree 100%. He is making progress in these areas but has a long way to go. Actually I didn't really see him get fouled hard driving to the hole until the last couple games. He is not close to being a finished product but has made strides from last year.

Reactions: 12rtackerman12
Jalen's #s are Comparable to any pg in the draft save Fultz and Jalen doesn't have the luxury of Kentuckys roster...I guess I just don't understand mock drafts.

This is a very deep draft this year Jalen will be wise to stay out which all indications have been that he will.

Reactions: tcf_15
Singleton is a bit older for his grade so a reclass might work. It is Ayala that has been much more vocal on the matters. Will be coming out with an article w/ quotes on his current situation in the coming days before then posting on the board.

Singleton is a bit older for his grade so a reclass might work. It is Ayala that has been much more vocal on the matters. Will be coming out with an article w/ quotes on his current situation in the coming days before then posting on the board.
Appreciate the hard work!

Jalen is great but he is not ready for the NBA. His first and current job as the leader and point guard is to keep Brimah on the floor. Brimah needs to stay on his heels not balls of his feet. This is basketball not tennis. Brimah needs to stand tall and go straight up every defensive play. Leave room between his opponent. His greatest strength is his presence on the court. We need to win the AAC tournament. 13 games left. Go Uconn.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
Hmmm...pro players don't need a babysitter but I'm going to be cautiously optimistic based on everyone's opinion

Jalen's #s are Comparable to any pg in the draft save Fultz and Jalen doesn't have the luxury of Kentuckys roster...I guess I just don't understand mock drafts.
Agreed, but he is needed much more on his team to score than some of the top pg's. I've been wrong b4 but i don't see it (him leaving)...yet. Of course if a team has a few picks you never know, but don't think it'd be worth it financially to try now. then again, i was adament DHam would not come out after soph year either....so i guess we'll wait & see. But valid point on his overall #'s

Does a #676 ranking get you any scholly offers? Just curious. This is the poor man's David Singleton and I am sure his parents want a college to show him some love!

Does a #676 ranking get you any scholly offers? Just curious. This is the poor man's David Singleton and I am sure his parents want a college to show him some love!
That guy is actually a few years out of college. That David Singleton played for High Point University from 2008-2010. The 247 link you posted goes right to his college page. So I guess being #676 gets you into the Big South Conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT