ADVERTISEMENT

Covid postpones games

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Haven't seen anything official yet, this is from the twitter account that used to run this site. But after the jam packed PC game, I thought this could happen. I was there at the XL and had no issues though.

I was also worried about this after the jammed PC game. It's really unfortunate but if they do have a pause it will give Martin some more time to heal the wrist and Sanogo the abdomen. It's not what you want but unfortunately it's whipping through the sports world right now.

I had noticed this in Borges article ( below) that you posted in the Marquette thread. I wish they would stop calling this a vaccine then. Vaccines stop you from getting things like Polio. If this is the case, like Borges reported then how come people keep getting and spreading Covid?...

Call it an experimental health booster, SMH !......I knew it was only a matter of time when this crap started again, not that this is 100% factual until I see something official...I feel worse for players and especially fans ( who spend alot of money to travel) to support their teams at Bowl games that just got cancelled.

" While teams across the country continue to cancel games due to COVID-19 issues, and a few Big East teams have even had to forfeit league games, UConn isn’t as likely to run into such issues. The Huskies’ entire roster and staff is vaccinated, and many are boostered, as well. The team doesn’t test asymptomatic players."

Last edited:
While teams across the country continue to cancel games due to COVID-19 issues, and a few Big East teams have even had to forfeit league games, UConn isn’t as likely to run into such issues. The Huskies’ entire roster and staff is vaccinated, and many are boostered, as well. The team doesn’t test asymptomatic players."
Yeah I think Borges should confine his commentary to basketball rather than medical issues.

UConn WBB vs. Marquette Canceled Due To Covid
So right now it's actually a postponement.... "Per the conference’s updated cancellation policy, the Big East will attempt to reschedule UConn’s game against Marquette."

Maybe Geno can wait until he gets Paige back then, team looks pretty lost without her.

There does not seem to be any change on the UConn-Xavier game for tomorrow night. As of now, it's moving forward. There must have been only a couple of positive tests.

There does not seem to be any change on the UConn-Xavier game for tomorrow night. As of now, it's moving forward. There must have been only a couple of positive tests.
Yeah, so far maybe the tweet above from Uconn Report was bad info or supposed to be about the gals team instead. Also I just saw this tweet, but no Uconn so far... 🤞

I think the mainstream media probably saw that UR tweet, investigated and deemed the info bad otherwise it would be all over local media and ESPN and it hasn't been in 24 hours. It might have been a false positive as well. Guys like Jon Rothstein are all over that and would have called Hurley or Benedict and gotten an answer in 5 minutes after that was tweeted. I am pretty sure Rothstein has Hurley's cellphone number and texts him.

OK now we FINALLY have this update from Borges- he even lists the UR tweet- "While UConn wouldn’t officially confirm that information, there appeared to be validity to it, and the possibility of the Huskies traveling to Cincinnati on Monday evening remained in peril."

“I know there’s a lot of rumors floating around, ‘Is this game going to happen?’ I have no idea,” Steele told reporters on Monday afternoon at a media availability in Cincinnati. “We have not been notified by UConn that the game is off. So I’m assuming that the game is on.”

Last edited:
Well here we have it officially at around 5pm today, looks like UC Report knew what they were talking about !........And so much for DR. Borges's delusional assumption regarding the "experimental Covid health booster", LOL!

Last edited:
Dave Borges totally jinxed this game with that statement!!!!!!!!! Being vaccinated doesn't mean squat. I have a vaccinated attorney buddy who went to a Christmas party couple weeks ago, drinking the same Kool Aid as Borges, got himself exposed to Covid, and he has been out of work sick as a dog with Covid for over a week! Fever, chills, loss of taste and smell, heavy congestion and intense fatigue. It is not a joke!

Last edited:
Reactions: the Blades
In case you guys are wondering how UConn will handle this Covid layoff or pause, keep an eye on UCLA tonight, which is coming off a 26 day Covid pause. They are at home tonight vs. Long Beach State. So far so good- up 5 with 7 minutes left in the first half. The problem for UCLA is going to be the second half when they have Covid legs. Will they be able to close out Long Beach State?

Geno said in his presser that the UConn women have 6 healthy bodies and Nika is limited with her minutes so with a half of a Nika they have 6.5 bodies. I am worried about how many players the men will have. Their strength is depth but Covid may have depleted the depth and who knows how many can actually suit up. And the players who do suit up will have Covid legs. I am worried about the women with 6.5 players any foul trouble is a problem and with Covid legs they may foul more than normal. So will the refs show any compassion for the Covid legs or they will just whistle it as they see it? These return from Covid games could be painful.

I hope this does not mess up the game Saturday. UConn needs games and needs to get their legs back.

If PC must miss- is it possible to reschedule another one of the cancelled games to Saturday???

Being vaccinated doesn't mean squat. I have a vaccinated attorney buddy who went to a Christmas party couple weeks ago, drinking the same Kool Aid as Borges, got himself exposed to Covid, and he has been out of work sick as a dog with Covid for over a week!
100% ... vaccinations don't make people immune !!! .. unlike what they were spinning in the original narrative !......SO, glad you woke up Uconn..... It's about fricken time !!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT