ADVERTISEMENT

At the Rent vs. Syracuse, Sept 10th, 7pm

Line is Syracuse -24, I would certainly wager on UConn to cover.
I didn't see this yesterday, because I was heading out to the tailgate crew, but hopefully your not a bettor (I'm not). I watched some tape of Cuse destroying a good Louisville team ( the 3 1/2 pt favorite) 31-7 and realized this Uconn-Cuse game would probably get ugly fast, as it did. ( Ville beat UCF in Orlando this week BTW). So I certainly would've taken Cuse and layed the points. Especially after watching their big dual threat QB and 1500 yd RB they have from last year, slice up the Cardinals.

Just like I would have taken Uconn and the 27 points at Utah St, because I wasn't impressed by them watching tape of their returning QB who also had none of of his best 3 or 4 WR targets ( and 30+ TD's) back from last year. (And as I thought Utah St was not the team Vegas thought after getting blown out last week at Alabama 55-0 and embarrassed at home this week vs. FCS Weber St. 35-7 )

I was just hoping for a competitive game vs. Cuse, but I'd guess they might be a alot better than people realized after a 5-7 year, with the huge OL, QB, RB and weapons they have on offense.

As I said and we discussed before the season on the BB board post ( post # 51) " the first half of the year 1-5 is very realistic" and that was before Uconn lost their starting 4 star transfer QB from Penn St. in the 1st game of the season. After throwing only 2 passes and also their top 2 WR's for the year (the only 2 who seem like they can get open besides #5 Aaron Turner).

As expected reality is setting in, even worse because of key Injuries, and now it looks like Uconn also lost it's 2nd best RB and top KR/PR too yesterday. And Utah St not Cuse might have been the best shot to get a 2nd win in the first 6 games. Also as expected by me this bad start would cause alot of UConn fans to implode as they already are on the Boneyard after yesterday's embarrassment. But I guess the bright side is they get Michigan at the Big House next week, how much worse can it get, SMH !

Last edited:
I didn't see this yesterday, because I was heading out to the tailgate crew, but hopefully your not a bettor (I'm not).
I am not really a bettor at all, unlike my cousin, who won a strange parlay yesterday in which he picked Iga Swiatek to win the US Open and the Winnipeg BlueBombers to cover the spread in their Canadian Football League game. I think my statement on UConn covering the spread was based more on hope than belief. The truth is I turned off the game when Syracuse took a 17-0 lead because I could see the direction in which the game was headed and I could not stand to see UConn get ripped by Syracuse as I knew would happen. I have become very impatient as a sports fan and I turn off games when my team is not being competitive. Similarly, the other night the Yankees threw a non-competitive team on the field and predictably got shut out by the Tampa Bay Rays. I shut the game off after Tampa went up 4-0 because I knew the team the NYY put of the field was not going to come back. Unfortunately the team has badly mismanaged veteran player injuries and rushed players back when they had a 15 game lead and it was unnecessary to do so. This resulted in those players never getting healthy, and then sucking until they had to be put on the IL. I am sick and tired of seeing stuff like this.

With UConn, it's been bad luck with injuries and the team simply not having enough depth of talent to absorb them. Regardless of that, I just do not watch non-competitive sports any more. An exception would be if UConn is the team drilling Syracuse, or Kentucky in basketball. I might enjoy that. But I do not enjoy watching it happen to my team and I am not going to sit there, watch it, and take it like you apparently do. I just do not have the patience any more.

Regardless of that, I just do not watch non-competitive sports any more. But I do not enjoy watching it happen to my team and I am not going to sit there, watch and take it like you apparently do. I just do not have the patience any more.
I understand, It's pretty much been an embarrassment so long, that it's hard to do and even harder to get a crew together to do much more than tailgate, which I'm not all that into. So Full disclosure, I don't mind adding FB content to the site and helping the new people trying to keep the Uconn Report/message boards going.

But even though I keep donating to Uconn and buying FB season tix ( that I can't even give away most of the time) I went to 1 FB game last year and probably about 3 or 4 in the last 3 years. Because they've ruined the joy of it.

That said as far as other Uconn teams, I'll still never be a front runner WBB fan and I've only ever watched part time over the years. Just not into subpar non-athletic women's sports. The scary part of that is how far the women's fansbase will fall when Geno leaves and they become average again. So I find it pretty amazing Uconn can still get 25,000 + at the Rent like yesterday, to watch a suckfest like that..and as bad as they've been for years.

Last edited:
I forgot there were even a few highlights...SMH !..... and Charlton with you throw the damn ball vertical !
You're down 4 TD's, stop playing scared, it's pathetic to watch, what have you got to lose ? ....besides ball control, run down the clock BS, in a blowout anyway!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT