ADVERTISEMENT

AAC Tournament

12rtackerman12

Apr 30, 2008
Win or go home time for the huskies, I think we can make a run but it might just be because I am a fan. Just wondering what everyone else is thinking?

Also, this is my friends account who is a UK fan which is why the profile has a bunch of UK stuff.

We'd need to see the version of Uconn that played Tulsa and SMU at the XL this year.
Not the Gampel version of Uconn who stunk up the place with just about everyone including D 2 teams !

I am inclined to think UConn will win at least 2 games in the AAC tourney, and if so then it's the semis and finals that will be dicy. Anything could happen though.

The UConn women won the AAC tournament tonight, in less than their usual impressive fashion. I think playing 3 games in 3 days caught up with UConn very end of 1st half and second half. They were trying to force feed the post in the early second half and if you noticed, the entry passes were all terrible, they were airmailed or way off mark or telegraphed. This is the sign of fatigue: lack of crisp passes and execution, bricked shots. KML's shot was off. Combine fatigue with playing a very solid, extremely athletic team and a 23 point half time lead turns into an unimpressive 14 point win.

UConn will not have to play in this format again. I thought Jefferson and Lewis looked great in the 1st half. Gabby Williams also had some good moments.

This post was edited on 3/9 9:24 PM by KhalidShockedTheWorld

Looking forward to a great game with you guys tomorrow.

Boatwright is a stud.

Boatwright should be the AAC Player of the Year!

Here's hoping a flu-less Woodard tears it up tomorrow night. Good luck, and may the best man win.

Ozzie you may think it's fun but I find it stressful to watch Nolan and Brimah game after game after game getting into foul trouble and threatening to foul out. Yesterday with Facey out UConn was down a big man and had to play Lubin. Are you going to pay for my blood pressure meds? Or else a prescription for Xanax?

As an fsu football/uconn hoop fan this year, I now look like Phil Donahue.

Hoping that shot last night was a Kemba moment and a momentum changer. Boatright tugged on the Uconn after the game like he was saying 'the Huskies own March and early April.'

Speaking of fsu, the transfer Levenberry is a pretty good LB. Glad he landed in Storrs.

At this age level so much of a team's performance comes down to confidence this time of year so hopefully that shot will have a trickle effect throughout this young squad. Hopefully beyond Boatright players like Hamilton and Purvis also feel it. The team took a ton of shots from 3 pt land and missed a good bunch. The shooting was absolutely terrible but they have to feel confident they can win or else they will pass up open shots and spoil possessions being too hesitant. If it's a good shot, just fire away. Don't worry about someone getting mad at you if it's a good shot. With our perimeter play and ball handling we should be able to get good looks in these tight games. We'll see how it goes tonight.

Cincy played zone and dared UConn to beat them from 3 point land and 10-30 is just enough to win a game if you play competently in other areas like defense and rebounding and take care of ball, but it is NOT enough to stop other teams from daring you to beat them from 3 point land. Tulsa should play a similar defense. Remember UConn is not that far removed from shooting 28% on senior night against Memphis, a suck-ass shooting performance that screams for teams to play defenses that dare you to shoot.

KSTW I will pay for your meds..... No need to stress we got this man!!

Originally posted by KhalidShockedTheWorld:

Cincy played zone and dared UConn to beat them from 3 point land and 10-30 is just enough to win a game if you play competently in other areas like defense and rebounding and take care of ball, but it is NOT enough to stop other teams from daring you to beat them from 3 point land. Tulsa should play a similar defense. Remember UConn is not that far removed from shooting 28% on senior night against Memphis, a suck-ass shooting performance that screams for teams to play defenses that dare you to shoot.
Hopefully home court advantage makes a difference as well. Like you said, just take care of the ball, get good positioning on rebounds and move that ball with purpose around the perimeter. Get good shots and take them. You get know bonus points for style and no added penalty for missing. If it's a good shot be aggressive. I like the trio of Purvis, Boat and Hamilton. Lots of youth and inconsistency there but they are well coached technically and emotionally. Boat sad in the interview afterwards Ollie said in the huddle he believes in him. Ollie's really in touch with these players so it helps heal those tiny wounds building up at their pressure points this time of year. The team is missing a slasher like Daniels and that caps out our potential but I want to stay on the map, it seems we have to do more than win championships to impress recruits. It's like we're constantly having to prove ourselves while other programs just ride hype generated for them by media.

That game last night was not exactly an offensive masterpiece. But at this time of year the motto is "just win baby!!!!" Find a way to get it done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT