ADVERTISEMENT

1 more 1 more.....

Ozzie3178

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2006
1 more and bring home a trophy!!

Also gaining more confidence and clicking heading to the NCAAs!

Like I been saying all season DHam has to be the alpha dog take more shots and Jaken has to be let loose. With Shonn Miller consistent like he has been we have 3 guys that can help us win next week!!!!

1 more and bring home a trophy!!

Also gaining more confidence and clicking heading to the NCAAs!

Like I been saying all season DHam has to be the alpha dog take more shots and Jaken has to be let loose. With Shonn Miller consistent like he has been we have 3 guys that can help us win next week!!!!
+1 to everything you said Oz.

Miller staying out of foul trouble makes us a different team and KO and our guards now seem to realize that when Miller is on the block that he needs to get the damn rock!

With both DHam and Jalen emerging and Miller and Brimah down low we are coming together at the absolute right time...this could be a fun a couple of weeks guys

Reactions: Ozzie3178
Khalid, if we win 24 games and the conference, how low are we going to be? The committee should probably take into consideration that we've won 2 national championships in the last five years. Both teams being lower seeds.

I am thinking UConn will be an 8 or 9 seed if they win tomorrow, and a 10 or 11 if they do not.

As long as UConn is placed in the East, seeding is totally irrelevant. Unless they draw Providence in Providence, which I actually saw in one bracketology.

I just saw the latest as a 10 seed. Crazy. Texas being the 6 in our hypothetical bracket. I sort of remember beating them on their home court this year but it may have been a dream. :mad:

Here is the updated Lunardi bracketology which as mentioned by Canolee has UConn as a 10 seed in the south:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I think NCAA Committee will find a way to keep UConn in the East if they win the AAC, but unfortunately that could mean an 8-9 game against Providence in Providence. I see this game as a strong possibility because the NCAA Committee wants to see tickets and that game will sell tickets.

This is why you guys should stop worrying about seeding. A better seed could mean a worse matchup, in reality. I would rather be a 10 seed in the south than an 8 or 9 in the East if it means playing Providence in Providence. Higher seeding doesn't mean anything. Winning tournament games is all that matters.

Speaking of Providence, I watched a few minutes the other night with their game against Villanova. I don't remember the recruitment of Dunn from New London? He'd be really nice running this team.

Here is the updated Lunardi bracketology which as mentioned by Canolee has UConn as a 10 seed in the south:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I think NCAA Committee will find a way to keep UConn in the East if they win the AAC, but unfortunately that could mean an 8-9 game against Providence in Providence. I see this game as a strong possibility because the NCAA Committee wants to see tickets and that game will sell tickets.

This is why you guys should stop worrying about seeding. A better seed could mean a worse matchup, in reality. I would rather be a 10 seed in the south than an 8 or 9 in the East if it means playing Providence in Providence. Higher seeding doesn't mean anything. Winning tournament games is all that matters.
I'm pretty sure Providence can't be placed in Providence because the Dunkin' Donuts Center is their home court.

Hooper Scooper,

I had seen a bracketology that had UConn-Providence playing in Providence in an 8-9 game, but it may have been wrong. I think UConn, if they win the AAC tourney, will be placed in the East Regional and will play a first round game in Providence vs. some opponent.

Latest has us as a 10 seed in the Midwest. Just for fun you should look at Kentucky's losses and wins. Our worst loss was to 85th ranked Houston the next was 68th. UK's is REALLY REALLY BAD.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/teamId/41
http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/teamId/96

One thing that KILLS us it the incredibly bad out of conference schedule. WOW.

Wins:
UCONN UK
1-50 3 2
51-100 5 12

LOSES:

UCONN UK
1-50 5 2
51-100 5 4
101-150 0 1 that team was 146th
150+ 0 1 that team was 172nd

Providence cannot be placed in Providence. If a team plays 4 games during the regular season that are considered home games, they cannot be placed on that court in the tourney.

Being in NYC I'm hoping they get sent to Brooklyn.
We will take over Barclay's like the Garden in 2014

Agreed. Who cares about Providence?
We need the win today.
With a loss we are still in but we're not clear of that hideous tuesday play-in game

Finish it off today boys

Here's Uconn's RPI look for those who don't have ESPiN insider, probably would have helped the OOC RPI if Georgetown and Ohio St had better years and Syracuse is now the 2nd worst loss besides that sleeper vs. Houston:

Hey can someone get me CBS brackets please... No offense KSTW but I'm tired of LIARdi and his POS brackets!!!

Thanks Blades... I like it but I would much rather be out west as a 9 seed :)

The CBS bracketology has UConn playing Providence as a 10 seed in Brooklyn but that is based on how things are right now. Lunardi's bracketology also has UConn as a 10 seed but in the midwest playing Dayton so there is no difference in the bracketology as far as what line UConn is on. Consensus 10 seed right now and Cincy is an 11.

Uconn still has a game to play.... but FWIW I don't get what makes Providence a 7 seed at a #39 RPI ....and Uconn a 10...at # 41... Providence is 2-7 vs. top 50 with 3 losses to teams +100 ( #110 Marquette twice and #202 Depaul who was 9-22 this year)..... while Uconn is 3-5 vs. top 50 and it's worst loss is vs. #88 Houston who was 22-9 on the year....I guess just losing alot to good teams and some real bad ones makes you better ????

Providence RPI Breakdown

Last edited:
That's a good point, Providence's OOC sucks, but I guess they were considered to have played in a better conference and did okay in it.

Weird ....seems like it was not that much better except they lost alot to good teams ....both teams SOS aren't that much off (53 to 46) and they're both 23-10 to this point..

Blades,

You want everything to be fair in the world, but it's not a fair world. Temple, Cincy and UConn are, according to Lunardi, among the last 8 teams in right now, UConn and Cincy in the last 4 byes, Temple playing in the dreaded play in games. But is it fair that the American voter may have to choose between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton for President? It's not fair, but it's the reality we must deal with. However, these teams will have the chance to prove that their seeding was wrong. That is part of what the NCAA tournament is all about. I would rather UConn have a lower seed and I am not so obsessed with a "respect" seeding like you guys are. It doesn't mean shit. Get in the tournament, and then win games. You have to play someone good no matter what. Gotta show up and play no matter what. So seeding doesn't mean anything.

By the way the talking heads on ESPN said the SEC might only get 2 teams in the tournament, which would likely be 1 less than the AAC.

KSTW, Your going way overboard with your response, as I said above FWIW....I'm just pointing out that there's not much difference in the resumes and proved it ....and haven't you ever heard of the Libertarian Party ..... There's always other choices, but let's not get into this meaningless OT crap

Last edited:
Blades is right.... KSTW you are off the wall in that comparison Lolol.

Our resume is better than Providence. Period! Freakin seton hall of all teams won their crappy new big east!!

Guys, the point is that there is inherent unfairness with the seeding every year. It's not right that UConn will be seeded where it ends up being seeded, but it doesn't matter. You still have to show up and play and win the game no matter who you play. Providence probably shouldn't be a 7 seed, but if they are not deserving of it, they will get beat.

Ok I can agree with that for the most part.... Other than the lower the seed the more favorable the matchup

Guys, the point is that there is inherent unfairness with the seeding every year. It's not right that UConn will be seeded where it ends up being seeded, but it doesn't matter. You still have to show up and play and win the game no matter who you play. Providence probably shouldn't be a 7 seed, but if they are not deserving of it, they will get beat.

KSTW, the point is you've been putting up more meaningless RPI, Bracketolgy, Texas beat WVU so it's help Uconn's ranking , ya- da - ya -da ya all year long but now suddenly Dom put up some seeding and RPI stuff and I have a conversation about a" thing that makes you go hmmm" and suddenly it's all about wining...no shit Sherlock, I've been say that for weeks while you've been posting all this stuff ....geeze you catch on slow !!! .......JUST Win Baby !!!

Last edited:
Also I just saw that Providence was a 9 seed just like Uconn.....I thought they didn't look any better on paper ...despite what Joey Brackets thought

Yep you did Blades. Also Liaridi was wrong with a lot of his picks of last 4 in and 4 out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT