ADVERTISEMENT

UConn WBB Sharp vs. Providence

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Awful lot of good things tonight- 61% FG shooting for the game, 28 assists, 13-23 on 3s, and a great game by the bench with Bettancourt and DeBerry contributing 6 points each to go with DeBerry's career high 7 boards playing just over 1 quarter. I think Geno wanted to keep the starters fresh for the game Sunday at ND, which is a dicy, losable game, although I like UConn's chances even without Dorka.

Muhl had 12 assists to bolster her NCAA leading 10.8 per game and Player of the Game Aubrey Griffin had 18 points and 10 boards and has played great every single game this year. She had such a strong game I really think they should run more plays for her inside because she is too athletic for her defenders and can't be covered. There is not a player on that PC roster that can stay with her.

Patterson is the girls version of Allyene. She needs to see a few shots go in. I like that she had 4 assists from the post. She and griff, who’s playing great, are the two girls that can match the athleticism and physicality of South Carolina.

Deberry has skills. Geno has to find a way to get her minutes now and then.

Patterson shows signs of being a force. She is a force on defense and on the boards already, and offensively she looks like she has the instincts and the aggression. She definitely has to play a lot against teams like SC. I also think when Dorka comes back you keep Griffith in the starting lineup and put Senechal Lopez on bench. Senechal has done nothing to deserve a benching, but the kind of player she is, is perfect for 6th woman role as she is instant offense off the bench. Griffith, on the other hand, repeatedly has shown she is an extremely valuable 2 way player and a dynamic, extremely high level athlete. She is one of the top 3 athletes ever to play on the UConn WBB IMHO. Her ability to run the Court and score in transition is amazing.

Reactions: CaNOLEE
Senechal is way better than I expected. But agreed that Griffin gives us such an advantage athletically that we haven’t had since Gabby.

my fear is the 6th man/woman usually doesn’t play until the second quarter on a Geno coached team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT