ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody know this guy?

Shaggydog84

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2008
Mamadou Diarra

I've heard a little about him but didn't think he was at the point where KO would offer a scholarship. Looks like he got one yesterday

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/connecticut

HS jr, 2 star for what it's worth. Anybody see this kid play or have info?

Mamadou Diarra (6-8, -, 2★)

3 star thru rivals
from CT i believe

its early but not thrilled with the teams on his list so far

Boston U
Drexel
Iona
Minnesota
Norfolk St
Quinnipiac
St Peters
Temple

Seems like a reach but all of these guys games evolve as they get older......NERR has him as 10th in New England
...6-8 PF....New England Class of 2016....

I'd rather see Uconn grab 6-8 PF Tyrique Jones who is their 5th and plays with Bruce Brown who could
reclassify to 2015.....Jones is originally from Bloomfield my HS team's ( Windsor) next town over rival and
is said to be a big Uconn fan even though he's now prep'in in Vermont. One national scout called Jones
the best rebounder in the entire 2016 class....but we shall see......Here's a look:

Mamadou Diarra (2016) Is The "Most Underrated" Player In New England!!?!!

Thanks Blades
Yeah, read about Jones. Would be nice to get that package with Brown. Windsor HS huh? Awesome program. took them a little while to get going this year but they were like the down but not out crue. Coach Smith is one of the best - I used to work in Simsbury and a collegue used to coach aau up that way. had nothing but love for the Coach.

Let's hope Diarra is VERY underrated....but when i think of someone being called underrated coming into UC, i think of Brimah. Dont think he was even rated....

All good though, just gotta keep bangin away. Looks like we have to protect our turf like it's no body's business....moreso than any other time in the past 20 yrs.

Originally posted by Shaggydog84:
Thanks Blades
Windsor HS huh? Awesome program. took them a little while to get going this year but they were like the down but not out crue. Coach Smith is one of the best - I used to work in Simsbury and a collegue used to coach aau up that way. had nothing but love for the Coach.
Yeah Kenny came in a little after my time, but over the years he's done wonders with the program, one of the
guys I played with from the neighborhood who was All-State( then played for U of Bridgeport)... had been his asst for
years so I still go out to see them once in while ( this year was a bad from what I heard)

Kenny also did/does the AAU thing too, as you said...Drummond, Dunn, a bunch of top players have been through that
CBC...Simsbury was one of those old CVC rivals back in the day....don't know how these conferences, boundaries
and LL, L ,etc shake out nowadays...LOL !
This post was edited on 4/2 7:46 PM by the Blades

Yea have heard of Diarra.... But yea Blades we should get all 3 from that Vermont teio but 2/3 will not be bad either!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT