ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Brown Commits to UConn

I wouldnt take any of the beat writers in connecticuts opinion of Brown too highly. They have seen him maybe 2-3 times in game action. I believe Russ Wood and other people in the south who have seen him more often say his defense is ahead of his offense.

Let him come in now if he can and is able grades wise etc... To learn under Amida and bang with him in practice next year! That will help both players especially brown

So you guys discount Enoch as a total 4 year project? I had hoped Enoch would improve to the point where he could be a starter next year, but that seems very unlikely.

I'm not discounting Enoch. Don t know who is. Enoch can start next year but it is unlikely with Facey being senior and Amida

Reactions: the Blades
David Borges seems to have emerged as the main man player in the Connecticut media in covering the UConn Huskies. He seems to be on top of everything.

He is fine heading back to catchy 11 tonight. Had to go back and check on moms and finish done personal stuff.

I will admit his last video looked LIGHTYEARS ahead of the earlier ones.

Maybe Brown could help. Heck, Brimah is all defense and still is foul prone !

Apparently UConn does not like who Brown is affiliated with down in Florida and really prefers that he stay at Putnam Science Academy. Hopefully, it is not causing any friction that he is not there right now. Borges reported this trip back down was planned for a while.

The PSA coach will not speak on the matter, which is odd if everything is hunky-dory. We know there was an altercation at a game, and Brown hasn't been there or played since.

Separately, we have heard less-than-savory things from inside the scouting community about some of Brown's people. Not sure who specifically but someone or some people involved with the AAU team, which is owned by Brown's guardian Michael Lipman.

Reactions: UConnFamily
Interesting Aman, I did not get a good vibe after watching the Vice Sports video that was posted on the 1st page as I mentioned in the 32nd post in this thread. To many people, pulling a kid in to many directions, who are living their own dreams threw that kid, which can screw everything up B4 he ever reaches his potential. From what I've seen Zach has way to much work to do before he even becomes a good college player for this stuff to be going on now. He needs a balanced environment, work vs. good competition and I hope he finds it, whether he ends up at Uconn or not.

Last edited:
Feeling like we are losing him

At this point depending on whats going on and if there is friction between him and other PSA players (all speculation at this point) then so be it. Getting Diallo is more important and a better player than Brown. If Brown sours that possible get then move on and find another big.

There a lot of suspect actions and drama going on that UConn and the basketball team dont need around the program. If Brown brings baggage and a circus its not worth it IMO.

There have been things said casting some aspersions on those around this kid. Who knows whether it is true or jealousy or speculation. But when I read stuff like that it gives me a bad vibe about whether the recruitment might later be questioned, or the kid might end up getting punished for the actions of those around him as happened with Ryan Boatright. And the Boatright issue was over getting free pizza or something like that. These kids who are 17-18 year olds get targeted by wannabes in many cases and the kids have no idea what all the rules are and have to rely on those around them or whomever the legal guardian is to do the right thing. I just hope that everything works out for this kid. He is a raw talent with a lot of potential and hopefully he is able to realize it.

Hearing that Brown could go back to Miami HS this year...and that he could come back to PSA next year.

Can confirm that UConn is not pleased with this development.

Last edited:
So who did he fight with?

A source told The Courant that Brown's removal from the school came after he was involved in an altercation with opposing players after a recent game. Although his trip to Miami had been previously scheduled, PSA has a zero-tolerance policy on fighting and after an investigation the school administration decided that Brown should not return.

A source told The Courant that Brown's removal from the school came after he was involved in an altercation with opposing players after a recent game. Although his trip to Miami had been previously scheduled, PSA has a zero-tolerance policy on fighting and after an investigation the school administration decided that Brown should not return.

Thanks

A guy getting into a fight with opposing players is not that big a deal IMHO. We don't know exactly what happened except that PSA has a zero tolerance policy on fighting. To me it is not necessarily a sign of anger issues, it could just be that the guy is very competitive. I can remember a long time ago in the 1998 baseball season Armando Benitez, a reliever with the Baltimore Orioles who was then one of the hardest throwing relievers in baseball, in an early season game, hit Tino Martinez of the Yaknees in the back after giving up his 4th homer in a short span of innings. Martinez didn't charge the mound, but the entire Yankees bench did (notably Scott Brosius and Darryl Strawberry, who charged Benitez and caused him to backpedal into the shelter and perceived safety of the Orioles dugout). This led to a 7 minutes series of brawls that saw Yankees players invade the Orioles dugout:

From that point on everything changed for that team because they all knew that they had each other's backs. I never quite saw a baseball fight like that but it was WELL WORTH it. That Yankees team went 125-50 including postseason and is considered one of the 3 or 4 best major league teams of all time, and it had the best bullpen I have ever seen.

Oz or others. What is going on with brown and DOB ? Will he go to a prep school

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT