ADVERTISEMENT

WTF!

victorio1234

Mar 7, 2010
Don't know why this is happening and i'm really concerned, but is a shot ever going down for UCONN? I can't believe this exhibition of garbage ball i'm witnessing? This half vs Cincy is probably the most disappointing thing i've seen so far this season and I hope adjustments are made for the second half. The guys look totally unprepared and uninspired. Can we fault the coaching staff??

I suspected there would be a problem when UConn played a big physical team. The real problem was UConn got pounded inside and they also turned the ball over. Cincy had 5 and 1s inside, this was due to big bodies and aggressive play. Was a terrible half by UConn.

100% it’s on the staff.

Suit KEA up, he absolutely would be better than Gilbert. Although, I probably would be as well.

Cut this lead to 8 at 10 minutes. 4 with 5 and then win. No morale victories. Start with stop turning over the Ball and get stops.

100% it’s on the staff.

Suit KEA up, he absolutely would be better than Gilbert. Although, I probably would be as well.

Cut this lead to 8 at 10 minutes. 4 with 5 and then win. No morale victories. Start with stop turning over the Ball and get stops.

It’s pretty obvious that Cincy has bigger and stronger players at multiple positions and it’s been a problem all game. They are getting way too many good inside looks and scoring or getting fouled.

This morning’s New Haven Register discussed that “changes are in order”, but what changes would those be? The big men UConn has on the roster all played and all got outplayed. The guards were all outplayed. Cincy’s center had 19 points on 8-10 FiGs and was the best player on the floor last night. His size and strength overwhelmed UConn.

This morning’s New Haven Register discussed that “changes are in order”, but what changes would those be? The big men UConn has on the roster all played and all got outplayed. The guards were all outplayed. Cincy’s center had 19 points on 8-10 FiGs and was the best player on the floor last night. His size and strength overwhelmed UConn.
I'm afraid that "whatever changes are in order" may already be too late for a meaningful season this year. One would think that when conference time rolls around, that you would already have made whatever "changes are in order". Let's hope the staff makes their own necessary changes in preparing the team!

The Register hinted that Sid Wilson, who didn’t play, could have played. I doubt he would have been much help defending the Cincy bigs. The other change hinted at was the benching of Gilbert in favor of one of the freshman guards, which the Register considers risky because Gilbert is extremely popular with his teammates. However Gilbert didn’t play well in his minutes in that game and Gaffney ended up with 18 minutes. Gaffney and Bouknight are both turnover prone so right now it’s picking your poison. The Register thought Cincy was a really bad matchup for UConn but I don’t like that excuse. Good teams can adjust and beat a variety of different lineups and styles. Saying a team is a matchup problem is just a euphemism for saying your own team sucks and is lacking in a certain area where they don’t have adequate manpower. UConn doesn’t have adequate big physical defenders which has been a problem since they had Drummond and Oriakhi and Okwandu the year before. Nothing since then. They stopped recruiting big beef.

Sad really but the core of this team is still the old guard which plays games like this. I promise you that is this team was without Carlton/Vital/Gilbert......we would be better right now than we are and bu the end of the year we would be begging for Cole/Springs/Jackson to get on the team so we can turn the page to the BE.

You can't play with guys you don't have, only with the guys you do have. Last night Khalid El Amin's cohosts joked that he needs to suit up for UConn. Unfortunately neither Khalid, Cole or Kemba Walker are going to be suiting up for UConn. The guys they have need to play better. Hopefully they will do so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT