ADVERTISEMENT

Win Out

I believe I made this point at the end of November when UConn was down to eight players, and looking gassed at the end of games: if they looked tired before December even started, what would they look like at the end of February? It's hardly surprising, given that they played a good number of their games with only six players available. I think we're kidding ourselves if we hopeUConn can make a run in the AAC tournament playing consecutive games, because the fatigue will catch up to them. I hate to sound like a broken record, but I really wish they would have used all of the scholarships this year, and given the last two to grad transfers. Two more players really would have helped keep their legs fresh this deep into the season.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
I missed first few minutes of second, how bad is Jalens injury?

Rodney'always nervous' Purvis 4-18. Ouch.

Crazy part is it's not as though he was launching bricks, Amida too, he had a couple that went in & out. It was a winnable game even with Jalen on the bench & Milton having the game of his life, just needed those shots to fall. Guys put some good defense together & got good looks. Vance & Vital were fun to watch. I wish Juwan was in a different health situation so he could have redshirted and hit the weights. Steve...man I hope something clicks with him over the summer, his screens & D are rough

They fought today. I'm not discouraged. I still think they can get hot and win the tourney.

But then again, I'm a uconn fan and my optimism is fueled by the past.

UConn missed too many makeable shots, something that has been frequent this year.

They need to win the last two and then the tourney, obviously. Even with Adams healthy it seems like a tough task.

UConn missed too many makeable shots, something that has been frequent this year.
They need to win the last two and then the tourney, obviously. Even with Adams healthy it seems like a tough task.
Very true and they're usually led by the guy who's a one trick pony.... ( no handle, no ability off the dribble to pull up or create anything for himself or others)....
Once JA was done and RP is forced to take the most shots on his team.... by far .....it is what it is......ya' live by RP's jump shot or die by it...Especially vs. a team like SMU who just wears you down on O until they get every shot they want...

I'll just be happy next year to start fresh without the Ferrari..also glad that Vital and Jackson got the PT they did this year, they both look to have good BB IQ and
enough "game" to build on....also can KO find a big who can play like Facey finally has since mid DEC (ave. only 4.0 pts. a game B4 that), not another 3/4 year project ?
Grad transfer/ JUCO ?

Last edited:
If UConn can secure a solid/experienced and productive 5 via JUCO or grad transfer, they can be pretty good next year. I think Jackson and Larrier can both be stretch 4s or 3s and the backcourt will be very good. The team could be much better.

one off hand comment about likening a kid to a car gets rubbed in the kids face for years

Smh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT