ADVERTISEMENT

Will Geno join D-Ham ???

"That came out of the blue, I have no idea where that came from," Auriemma said. "Patrick (McKenna, UConn's women's basketball sports information director) showed it to me this morning and I don't know where that came from. You hear stuff all the time, for all I know it could be a guy whose brother or sister coaches at another school."

Then Auriemma had some fun with the report.

"My agent said don't dismiss the rumors, it will help you in contract negotiations," Auriemma said. "I told somebody, I am too young to coach in the NBA. Pete Carrill didn't go until he was 66 so I still have a couple more years."

They will most likely take a year off next season, but the following year should be #12 for Geno.

You know I thought next year would be tough but I think Collier will end up being GREAT and Nurse will be dominant. Give me #12 next year and 3 loses along the way.

Reactions: CaNOLEE
Next year's team will be very good. Butler hasn't come around as quickly as hoped but with a year in the system I feel like she will be solid. The cupboard is far from bare.Dangerfield will be the key next year. She was co national player of the year.

Dom, definitely make the final four and then you never know. Agree with Khalid that it will come down to how ready Dangerfireld is. She can have normal ups and downs during the year, but by tourney time, she'll need to be on point. Stewy had that type of Frosh year.

If they win it next year, you might as well move everyother team to D2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT