ADVERTISEMENT

Where is Calhoun Going to Play?

northdakotahusky

Nov 27, 2010
I finally got a chance to watch the Dayton game. Tons to work on, but a lot to be excited about. I'm wondering where Calhoun is going to play when he get's back. I don't think he has a chance to play over Boat, Hamilton or Purvis and I think he's probably behind Samuel and Cassell as well. I just don't think he can handle the ball like any of those guys. Calhoun is going to have to shoot the lights out to get PT.

If he is game ready he will get plenty of PT. Ollie will love to have him when playing the four guards as a legitimate 3 point threat. He will also play a lot against zones.

Originally posted by northdakotahusky:
I just don't think he can handle the ball like any of those guys. Calhoun is going to have to shoot the lights out to get PT.
I agree.... Everything comes down to Omar finding his shot and stopping the bad TO's that he kept making
because he would try to force plays and dribble with his poor handle. Which as we all know got to the point
KO couldn't use him at the end of last year, which ultimately made the team better.

As I posted in another thread ....Omar was a 24% shooter from the 3 and I don't think he made even
one in 2014...plus he was only OK...32%... in year one. On the plus I remember reading that KO finally
convinced him of the effort he's gonna need on D if he wants to play. Hopefully this injury hasn't taken away
to much from his conditioning.

This post was edited on 11/23 6:12 PM by the Blades

End of freshman year he was driving more and then he hurt his wrist a second time when he got fouled on a drive by a guy trying to slap the ball away. He is a player who is very coachable and was also showing guts (hitting pressure shots AND playing hurt), and I would never underestimate such a player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT