ADVERTISEMENT

What Was That?

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Can you guys explain to me the last play of the first half? UConn has the ball with 8 seconds to go 3rd and goal. They clearly have to do something quick to get in the end zone or else get out of bounds and kick the FG. So Shirreffs passes to Newsome who makes absolutely no effort to get out of bounds, although he easily could have done so, and the clock runs out on the half with 3 points having been left on the field.

What was that?

Newsome should have gone down there, anywhere. Could have used the time out to stop the clock.

I'm home from the game and I agree guys. The end of the half was a WTF sequence but I'll even add to that. This snail slow convoluted huddled-up offense HAS to GO ! How many times do we have to watch a drive stalled or a play just barely get off with a bunch of hulking 6-6 / 310lb OL trying to rush up to the line to get set because they are breaking the huddle with less that 10 secs on the play clock. Especially in the red zone. If the OC can't figure out what he's gonna call and get it in without a last second clusterf%$k ........go to the no-huddle and eliminate the problem !!! They blew 2 TO's earlier in the first half because of communication/time management and the O didn't know WTF they were doing. TO's they could have used at the end of the half. This rush up to the line and delay of game stuff has to be corrected ! How much time do they blow in the huddle when they get behind ? .....528 yards and only 20 points....WTF !..... I give the coaching staff an F on their report card!

Last edited:
Well there was also a "what was that?" moment during the last play of the Michigan-Michigan State game:

Can someone explain to me where that punter thought he was going with that ball with 10 seconds left in the game nursing a 2 point lead? Did he think he was going to score a TD?????? Fall on the ball and GAME IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!

And WTF!!!!!!! on the last play of the half in the UConn game!!!!!!!

I watched that play live....you have to be sick if your a Michigan fan.....Fall on the ball !.... at worst State would've needed a miracle 57 yd FG or a Hail Mary last second toss to beat ya !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT