ADVERTISEMENT

What is the matter with our men's team

dp972

Jan 31, 2002
Where are the posts from fans that went to or watched game? I usually depend on you to inform the rest of us. I'll ramble on as I am very frustrated by lack of team cohesion and lack of discipline on the floor. I had to record the Tulsa game and watched it Sunday night when I returned home. The team seemed to come out strong at beginning, but wilted as game wore on. I know we all wanted Jalen to get healthy (first and foremost) and return to play as quickly as possible. BUT is there some team resistance to his leadership? His body/facial language is just terrible. Doesn't inspire the troops. Hope I am WRONG. If we could make some of those , at times contested, layups we might have won? Not just this game, but some of the earlier games on the schedule. I had hoped Purvis would have learned to use his left hand and his speed by now. I know that's not easy, but he makes no attempt to keep his distance from defenders. Surely he has time to practice corrections? Glad to see a couple of sequences where we fought under the offensive boards. Like to see more of that. The loss of the 3 players to season ending injuries aside it's clear that the remaining team plays well below its abilities. Thanks for listening...look forward to those of you who know more about BBall than me. HAPPY New Year!!!

Jalen is playing 40 mpg.

No other ball handlers on the team. Shooting has been poor allowing double teams in the post. Not enough bodies to play anything aside from zone. Relying on freshmen who weren't expected to be ready. Oh, and Steve missed a game winning dunk.

I really think the main problem is poor talent evaluation. As several people have said and if you watched the games we miss a lot of open shots and free throws. Free throws have costed us a couple games now too.

I really think the main problem is poor talent evaluation. As several people have said and if you watched the games we miss a lot of open shots and free throws. Free throws have costed us a couple games now too.

They landed a top 10 recruiting class & lost 3 to injury. Their McDonald's All American had shoulder surgery this year.

I also agree that this team has missed a TON of open shots and FTs. That is not on the the coaches. It is called poor shooting and it has plagued the team since the opening games this year. If the offense is getting open shots which are then being missed, it is not a problem with the fundamental offense being run. It is a problem with the shooting skills of the players. UConn is #301 of 347 teams in D1 3 point shooting right now.

Regarding your point on Jalen at the under 8 minutes to go timeout I saw him screaming at a teammate (I think Christian Vital) as the team walked off for the under 8 minute TO. It looked like Vital was not where he was supposed to be. There has been a big problem with spacing and it is poor basketball IQ of some players.

Don't worry boys" things are going to get good" they scored 90 vs. OSU, they lost... but hey that's a sign....in the mean time question nothing, how dare you,
there are excuses for everything...so just keep the pom poms out....and if that doesn't work for you just do like a poster on this board and either attack the messenger(s) or you can always try this...LOL!

1425_3.jpg

Last edited:
Question all you want just don't be a moron who says kids don't develop. Anything else is agree to disagree territory

WAAAAAAAA !!! ....this wasn't for you misses Ollie, sorry I struck a nerve and that a little humor hurts, but since you jump right to name calling
or your demands on other posters, which seems to be a character flaw with internet tough guys like you........ I'm done with you....LOL!

Is there any chance Hammadou (sp) will transfer to UConn this month?? It was rumored, but I lost track of where the discussion went after the initial rumors

Is there any chance Hammadou (sp) will transfer to UConn this month?? It was rumored, but I lost track of where the discussion went after the initial rumors

Ozzie our inside guy made some comments:
" Hahah Blades that is coming from horses mouth. Of course I believe he will strongly end up being a husky been saying that for two years now, but I just read that some are saying Enroll tomorrow and be ready to go against auburn is ridiculous! Let it play out and hopefully we get to see him more than a semester :D "

in this thread Things that make you go hmmm ?.......but that was B4 his Kentucky vi$it and we know how those trips to see the Squid can change things...;)

WAAAAAAAA !!! ....this wasn't for you misses Ollie, sorry I struck a nerve and that a little humor hurts, but since you jump right to name calling
or your demands on other posters, which seems to be a character flaw with internet tough guys like you........ I'm done with you....LOL!

You're done with me again?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT