ADVERTISEMENT

What a bunch of classless morons

Idiot college students, we all have them. Having lived in Texas my whole life and been to many UT games, on campus many many times I can tell you have just as many. Still that fact doesnt stop me calling them idiot students. Sorry for that display.

I've lived in Austin for 30 years, have two degrees from The University of Texas, have attended 100's of UT basketball games and have followed the program since 1975. All that said, I have NEVER in all that time ever witnessed, heard about or been apart of anything remotely close to what went on in that video.

As Aaron Rogers and Lebron would say 'relax'. Sure you'd like the uconn students to come up with something a little more clever and less crude, but I'm pretty sure your fan base isn't perfect either. They are 18-23 year old kids mostly and on a weekend, probably had a beer or ten.

You have a good team, enjoy the season.

Guys I was a UConn season ticket holder for 18 years and been going to Gampel Pavilion since it opened in 1990 and never saw anything like that previously. The only episode of poor fan behavior I saw was at a UConn-Yale basketball game in 2003 (season opener) in which I sat in between the UConn and Yale student fan sections and listened to them exchange insults throughout the game. Some of them were actually funny, but they were not so profane as this and were not directed at the players.

It really surprises me because we don't have much or any of a rivalry with Texas. No question it was an idiotic display, but in my experience also an aberration. I would think that if Warde Manuel sees this video he will apologize to the Texas AD.

This post was edited on 12/1 7:38 AM by KhalidShockedTheWorld

These kids should apologize to their mothers and are getting dumber by the year. Because if they're gonna
use that word out in public don't they realize they have the wrong team and game ? Isn't that chant supposed
to be saved for Uconn's game on Dec 18 when they steal it from the Tarheels and yell:

front.jpg

This post was edited on 12/1 12:57 PM by the Blades

Originally posted by Falko:
Very unfortunate but every fanbase has its idiots.
Hmm, sounds a little different than your post on Orangebloods
" Very normal for people in the North East. They are a different breed. "

Oh.... I get it......... it's a northeast thing.... not a childish kids waiting in the student line
when the opponents walk by, kind of thing........LOL !
So what's normal in the Southwest....... talkin' out of both sides of your mouth ???
wink.r191677.gif

21ae215ead1e9210bccab96c28861104.jpg

stop generalizing..........................now run along Eddie Haskell

Couldn't agree more with this post.

Yet, Texas isn't even in the same conference.

It's not just one or two fans, but a large group of them. No class at all.

very UK fan like. At the final four in Houston and family of UK grads called me the C word after they lost. That wasn't students that was a family of 6 all UK grads.

go away man.

I don't doubt that what you said could have happened (although you are not clear due to lack of grammar specifics). Like the OP had said, "There are morons in every program."

However, I have been to quite a few UK games and never saw anything like the posted video in the OP happening at Rupp. In fact, I have seen UK fans give a standing ovation to a player on the opposite team who lit up the boards.

I will simply state again, "I agree with the OP."

I will honor your wish and go away. Deal with it.

Originally posted by YOUKCATZ:
I have been to quite a few UK games and never saw anything like the posted video in the OP happening at Rupp.
I have been to quite a few games at Gampel (season ticket holder for 18 years) and never saw anything like the posted video happen previously. It was an aberration based on my experience,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT