ADVERTISEMENT

Warde Manuel - Diaco was his 1st choice despite other reports

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Despite some reports about asst coach pay being to low and Narduzzi declining because of that.... he was never offered.
"I'm going to make this clear," Manuel said before Diaco was introduced."Bob was my top choice.
You can read what you like and think what you like."

From the CT Post: Diaco's energy bucket filled to the brimKevin Duffy:
"It's possible Narduzzi's camp leaked the news of his rejection to preserve his image. It's possible he realized UConn
would go with Diaco instead and he withdrew for that reason. After all, if he's chasing an elite high-major job, it wouldn't
be good PR for the world to think he got passed over at UConn. Not for the Broyles Award winner, given to the nation's
top coordinator. Reports cited low assistant coach pay as the reason for Narduzzi's withdrawal, an assertion Manuel
refuted. He said the Huskies had put an additional $300,000-400,000 into the assistant salary pool.

"Look, guess who won (the Broyles) last year? Bob Diaco," Manuel said. "Guess who won it this year? Pat Narduzzi.
I had two great choices in my opinion. "But (Diaco) was my guy," Manuel added.
This post was edited on 12/13 2:31 AM by the Blades

Yep Exactly... .I thought t the same thing the other day. The only coach that was made an offer was Diaco. I posted this on several media sites as well. The media just trying to make Narduzzi and camp look a little better and oh well.... UConn got their man!!!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT