ADVERTISEMENT

Verducci on joining the Uconn staff and the offense

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
New offensive coordinator no stranger to UConn's Diaco

" he addressed his relationship with Diaco which dated back more than 25 years when his father coached Diaco's brothers
in high school. I asked Verducci if it was the chance to run his own offense or the opportunity to work with Diaco that resulted
in him coming to Connecticut and he said his chance to coach alongside Diaco was a major determining factor."

"One of the things I learned in professional football is it isn't really about what you were or what you are going to be, it is about
what you are right now," Verducci said. "We are not going to know that until we get them out on the field in the spring. My job
is to form the offense. The offense is flexible in that we will play to the strength of the players and try not to ask them to do
things they are not capable of doing yet."

This post was edited on 2/18 8:32 PM by the Blades

More from SNY's John Silver:
UConn football: A look at the offensive lineRegarding the OL:
“We have a two-deep” Cummings said. “I think we are at 3-deep now that
is legitimate. The question (that coaches ask) is ‘What is your
legitimate depth, and who is next man in?”

" Cummings, who was helping out on the line at the midpoint of last season, is back in his coaching comfort level. Verducci
will call plays, and Cummings will coach every series on the line. Cummings retains duties as a co-offensive coordinator.

" The pair will also design the offense, where Cummings will have major input in the game plan. "

This post was edited on 2/20 8:59 AM by the Blades

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT