ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Women Win 87th Straight, Beat #4 Maryland

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
This game was as tough as I expected it would be. Unlike the ND game, it looked like Maryland did a better job of physically beating down the UConn girls as the game wore on - UConn was kind of hanging on at the end. I think Charles and Slocum of Maryland are WNBA players. But thankfully UConn had Samuelson out there after she vomited out early in the game. I hope they get some fluids in her because between the puking into a bucket and playing the whole game she is likely very dehydrated and feeling like crap! I been there many times.

The foul trouble against a team like this is kind of unavoidable. However, I think Collier and Williams are getting good experience playing with foul trouble.

This streak will continue for a long while and exceed 100 I believe. They will need to stay healthy!

Reactions: UconNell
Is that 134-1 in last 135? Good lord.

Short bench as it is, foul trouble for two of your best players, your best scorer playing with the flu, on the road against an undefeated team and you still win?

No excuses for this group, the culture is about winning and that's all they know.

This could end up being an all time favorite team, because no one expected this.

looking at the schedule #100 in a row comes again South Carolina......at home. Will be a tough game no doubt.

I'm not trying to pour salt in our wounds, but honestly, every single fiber in my being tells me that Geno would have made damn sure the girls executed and got enough open shots to score more than 12 points in a half against Houston.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT