ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn watch Florida Duke

Actually no fouls at 7 minute mark. Several since. Uconn reduce the number of fouls. Athleticism.

Ok this is somewhat of a peeve of mine concerning sports fans.

It goes something like this: "Brimah needs to watch tape on Thabeet and learn how to properly block shots"

First off if it were as easy to be Thabeet as watching some tape everyone would do it.

Secondly, and this is in specific response to the Amida criticism, we have the best rim protector in the country sorry he's not also Hasheem Thabeet.

Ok this is somewhat of a peeve of mine concerning sports fans.

It goes something like this: "Brimah needs to watch tape on Thabeet and learn how to properly block shots"

First off if it were as easy to be Thabeet as watching some tape everyone would do it.

Secondly, and this is in specific response to the Amida criticism, we have the best rim protector in the country sorry he's not also Hasheem Thabeet.

One of my pet peeves is reading posts by guys like you that misstate the facts. Brimah is a little off. It is a fact. Look at the stats. I did not denigrate his skill. I am well aware Brimah's talents. I have watched him for 4 years. Brimah is struggling, I am trying to help the guy. If he looks at the Thabeet tapes, he may see something to help him. What better role model. He would appreciate the advice. Sorry you don't.

I agree that Brimah is a bit off in his stats, both offense and defense. He misses Hamilton lobbing him the ball for all those dunks, and he may be adjusting to extra weight. He plays hard but does not play smart. In fact there is a lot of dumb play by the entire team. The guards have made bad decisions regularly, and the bigs are not fundamentally sound and do not play smart, they gamble and try and go for blocks and allow too many O boards because they leave areas where they should be. This team needs to learn the concepts of spacing and positioning. I think Brimah should be watching tape of himself and shown what he is not doing, rather than shown tape of other players.

I agree that Brimah is a bit off in his stats, both offense and defense. He misses Hamilton lobbing him the ball for all those dunks, and he may be adjusting to extra weight. He plays hard but does not play smart. In fact there is a lot of dumb play by the entire team. The guards have made bad decisions regularly, and the bigs are not fundamentally sound and do not play smart, they gamble and try and go for blocks and allow too many O boards because they leave areas where they should be. This team needs to learn the concepts of spacing and positioning. I think Brimah should be watching tape of himself and shown what he is not doing, rather than shown tape of other players.

Thanks Khalid

Thanks Khalid. Brimah is the key guy to Uconn success. If he can lead this team through his prowess in the middle, watch out Uconn.

One of my pet peeves is reading posts by guys like you that misstate the facts. Brimah is a little off. It is a fact. Look at the stats. I did not denigrate his skill. I am well aware Brimah's talents. I have watched him for 4 years. Brimah is struggling, I am trying to help the guy. If he looks at the Thabeet tapes, he may see something to help him. What better role model. He would appreciate the advice. Sorry you don't.
Which facts am I misstating? Amida is shooting 60% on the year with over 3 blocks per game and 23 mpg, the defense has been pretty alright. What is it you want, 65% shooting, 4 bpg, 30 mpg?They just played d as well as any team can holding Cuse to 31% from the floor. Florida shot nearly 43% on Duke. I'm not trying to be a db I'm confused by your point.

. All cool. I am a huge fan of Brimah. Yes he is capable of more. If he doesn't contribute more, Uconn has a rough road ahead. The coaches should be working with him intensely. Key guy to Uconn success this year. Great job by Uconn to commit only 5 fouls down to the very last seconds against Syracuse. Important unrecognized stat. Go Uconn.

Brimah is a good kid but just a bad player. I'm sorry but throwing out stats at 4-4 with really no real good team we have played yet is silly.

we suck right now and Brimah's continued digression AGAIN this year hasnt helped.

Ollie has been terrible for 3 years now and I LOVE the man.

Ollie won the Syracuse game when he switched from zone to man to man with 8 minutes to go. It was an appropriate decision because UConn was not in foul trouble and was down by 11, but it was also a winning decision and the kids played some very brilliant defense. This team has a long way to go offensively and Brimah could be a whole lot better, but he did get the job done on D against Syracuse.

Brimah is a good kid but just a bad player. I'm sorry but throwing out stats at 4-4 with really no real good team we have played yet is silly.

we suck right now and Brimah's continued digression AGAIN this year hasnt helped.

Ollie has been terrible for 3 years now and I LOVE the man.

Meanwhile, Amida is looking like he should get paid. I can't tell you how happy I am that your opinions are not rooted in reality

Reactions: Ozzie3178
Sucks kids balled short handed with Durhams ass out due to illness. Refs did them no favors tonight but turnovers ultimately did them in! Continue to build this was there for the win all game just not enough bodies to close it out with foul trouble to all our bigs!

27 fouls called on UConn to 12 from OSU. Facey and Brimah fouled out. But UConn wasn't good enough on offense to win this game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT