ADVERTISEMENT

UConn v Cuse

A free throw disparity this large is due to one team not being able to play defense.

I can't believe it's only an 11 point game. Cuse is bad.

Although Jalen Adams was UConn's scoring leader in the first half, he is a disturbing leader. His nonchalant passes resulting in needless turnovers, his coasting on certain plays, his strange body language. I don't see him in the same category as Kemba Walker or Shabazz Napier. Larrier has a poor basketball IQ and Gilbert is out and probably not coming back. The team lacks a bona fide player whose lead should be followed. It's a bad mix of underachieving supposed stars who really are not star players, and undersized role players, none of whom can shoot.

Reactions: Afghusky15
Cobb picked up his 4th foul which is too bad because he was the only player on UConn who looked effective against the zone.

Cuse is playing volleyball underneath with the rebounds and this brain dead MF'er won't put in 2 bigs at a time to challenge them !

Although Jalen Adams was UConn's scoring leader in the first half, he is a disturbing leader. His nonchalant passes resulting in needless turnovers, his coasting on certain plays, his strange body language. I don't see him in the same category as Kemba Walker or Shabazz Napier. Larrier has a poor basketball IQ and Gilbert is out and probably not coming back. The team lacks a bona fide player whose lead should be followed. It's a bad mix of underachieving supposed stars who really are not star players, and undersized role players, none of whom can shoot.
If I were Jalen I'd have strange body language too...he's the only player who belongs at this level..... take a look at what he's working with now....True regarding Larrier and his soft over rated game, who can't dribble or hold on to the ball with his 2 rebounds/4 TO's from KO's "power forward" spot.....can't leave to the NBA ( LOL !) quick enough...IMHO

Last edited:
Reactions: Afghusky15
Ive officially given up on this year. Hope we get it together.....but these kids suck. So bad.....

Very on point. Jalens non chalant attitude is very concerning. Doesn’t have that alpha demeanor. Only 12 shot attempts when he was shooting 70% he has to want to dominate more, not get cutesy with his passes or look to take plays off.

Also are role players are undersized. I will say that I do like what Cobb has shown with his passing and feel for the game.

Ive officially given up on this year. Hope we get it together.....but these kids suck. So bad.....

I am basically done watching the UConn men as well. Too much bad basketball. They do not look very talented, they do not look very well coached, and they do not look particularly inspired. I hate to say this but I think back to back losing seasons may be in the cards. At best they might be around .500. I don't see them in the top 5 of the AAC. At this point it's just a waste of time watching the games. It used to be I would always circle games on the calendar and make sure I had no personal conflicts from being somewhere to watch that game. Now, I just do not care. It's very disappointing that this is where the program is. I hope the AD and the school admin sits down and evaluates all the options and does something to fix it, but for now, I am outta here.

my rant....

Kevin Ollie is a man on the run from a past that he can't live up to. From a divorce to the woman he used to praise at every turn right up until the point she walked away, from a mentor and HOF coach who handed him the keys to something he never earned. From the coaching assistants that JC put besides him to his own hand picked flunkies, that will "yes man" him until the end. And from a grown man style of basketball that his mentor developed a dynasty with.

So what does he bring us the fans ? An undersized game that even he didn't use a year ago. He either has no ability to judge talent or no ability to develop the players (probably both), especially the bigs, that he's brought in. And he definitely doesn't put them in a position to win. For starters..... On what planet would Larrier be a power forward in college or the NBA ? (And news flash KO, Vance was the guy not Larrier.. stronger w/ way more BB IQ) .... 2 years ago he had a front line of 7-0 Brimah, 6-7/230lb man-rebounder Shonn Miller and 6-8 Daniel Hamilton @ the 3 who was the best rebounder of the bunch....when Uconn made the NCAA's.....

Now KO's convinced he's gonna prove everyone wrong, including the guy who "hired him", that his own style of weak rebounding undersized teams, with no interior defense..small ball....is gonna work and we need to embrace this stuff as he makes Uconn a national embarrassment, right before our eyes.

For the young fans who don't know ..KO was nothing but a skinny out of control, under the rim push guard with no shooting ability for better than 2 years @ Uconn. Who developed enough to play to his limitations of a pass first PG (since he still couldn't shoot, career nine 3pt FG in the NBA) who played good D, could hit FT's, but still with a "15 in" vertical and no hops. All with the help of a HOF coach and around a team of future NBA talent like Donyell Marshall, Ray Allen and a couple of guys who should've probably never been there, in Donny Marshall/ Travis Knight, but did because they also developed under that same HOF coach....

So I guess a skinny and out of control, guard heavy line-up is something he thinks he can work with ....news flash KO you can't !.... If Uconn had to rely on players with
your size, style and skill set they'd be still playing in the Yankee Conference. Donyell's CCSU team is more physically imposing than what your running out there.

PLEASE to the UCONN AD, get this guy out of here !!! After 30 years + as a season ticket holder I won't buy one more ticket as he makes Uconn a laughing stock with his anorexic, under the rim style of play and with this fool in charge.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT