ADVERTISEMENT

UConn-Stanford Game

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
I am thinking UConn should win this game by 20, although this is a venue in which UConn has had some losses through the years, and Stanford has the size necessary to combat a beatdown in the paint.

Some other things to watch:

1. There are 2 girls named Kailee Johnson on the Stanford team. Both are
6'3". One spells her first name "Kailee" and the other is
"Kaylee." Kaylee is a freshman from Wyoming who starts at center.
Kailee is an absolutely beautiful mixed race girl from Portland, Oregon
who comes off the bench. She is probably the best looking girl on the
Stanford team and you will notice her right away when she comes into the game. She is a good shotblocker, plays a little like our Kiah Stokes.

2. Karlie and Bonnie Samuelson, who are bench players for Stanford, are the
older sisters of Katie Lou Samuelson who is UConn's top recruit next
year and the top recruit in the country. Katie Lou is taller than her
older sisters.

This post was edited on 11/17 9:11 AM by KhalidShockedTheWorld

Way off on my prediction. UConn is now 1-4 all time at Maples Pavilion!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was not a stellar defensive effort by UConn. Stanford killed UConn with penetration all game and when Stokes went to the bench with 2 fouls, it was a layup drill at the end of the first half. Chong had 20 points but on D she was awful!!!!! She could not keep her man in front of her. Her and Nurse look like they will get substituted for each other on offense and defense as needed. Jefferson and KML were both way off their games. But it's only 1 game and Stanford looked really good. The Samuelson girls killed UConn in this game and I hope Katie Lou will not reconsider her commitment to UConn after watching what her sisters did!

It just seems that place really makes us turn into a normal team. Stanford had to have us be bad in all fronts to win so that should tell us that this is still a NC team. At home, their hot shooting from 3, FT's misses by our best player, worst defense in years by UCONN, terribly cold shooting by UCONN, Home cooking refs and Stanford still needed a last second three on their home court to win the game.

What bothered me the most was Stokes taking that shot towards the end. She seems to be a little slow to me. How that shot makes any sense to anyone baffles me.

Stokes just isnt the girl for UCONN. Geno will always wonder why he wasn't able to make her be the player she could be. Butler next year will be such an upgrade at C.

Dec 6th we play ND at their place which is the only other place we tend to lose even if we are the better team. Last nights games reminded me of the ND game from a couple years ago when we had a 10+ lead and just crapped the bed and lost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT