ADVERTISEMENT

UConn-South Carolina GAME THREAD

Just saw on the pregame show that each UConn player had a letter written for her by a former player about what it means to be a UConn player. I wonder who got letters from Maya Moore and Diana Taurasi and Jennifer Rizzotti.

South Carolina looks like a solid club with good size and athleticism, but they have just had several straight poor offensive possessions and UConn making them pay. I suspect that the boards will keep USC from being blown out but if I were Geno I would flash some matchup zone and see what USC has got when they gotta can some 3s.

I though USC would avoid getting blown out based on their superior size and athleticism, but they did not avoid getting blown out, and the reason why is they look lacking in the toughness category. Did anyone see the way Stokes ripped that rebound away from Wilson? Sometimes when a team has a rebound ripped away that by all rights they should have had, it is because their will to fight has been broken. UConn hit USC with one big run and it was game over from that point on. USC had a much vaunted defense but to me did not look much better than the weak AAC defenses UConn has been seeing lately. I think ND might be better than USC from the other teams we have seen so far this year. Staley needs to toughen this group up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT