ADVERTISEMENT

UConn offers 2017 David Beatty

Obvious questions that'll come to praises mind

Is there enough room for him MAL and Diallo?

Is Diallo more open now wanting a bigger stage?

I am happy with Beatty and MAL. I will say that if Diallo goes elsewhere I'm going to have to root against him. All the false hope...

I know it's still open but he could be a tease for all we know. Telling coaches what they want to hear. Probably happens all the time. Either way I would lost a ton of respect if he went UK.

It seems like the recruitment of Beatty was stepped up amid the reports of Diallo slipping away to UK. I think Beatty can be viewed as a "safety recruit" in the event Diallo commits to UK, correct?

Beatty is a late riser I believe. Far from a safety recruit. I believe Jalen was a late riser in the rankings also

Would you rather have Beatty for 3-4 years or Diallo for 1? The one and done recruits by and large, with the exception of Duke in 2015, which had 3 of them and a good supporting cast, don't deliver championships. The Villanova team that won this year didn't have any guys who are one and done guys. They had seasoned program players. My wish is for guys who will develop into very good seasoned program players.

Would you rather have Beatty for 3-4 years or Diallo for 1? The one and done recruits by and large, with the exception of Duke in 2015, which had 3 of them and a good supporting cast, don't deliver championships. The Villanova team that won this year didn't have any guys who are one and done guys. They had seasoned program players. My wish is for guys who will develop into very good seasoned program players.

I would prefer to have a mix of one and dones and seasoned program players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT