ADVERTISEMENT

UConn offers 2017 C Eric Cobb (JUCO)

Has KO lost his mind, slow footed post players with off the court baggage, no thanks. We already had one of them, Enosch Wolfe, who KO didn't hesitate to pull his scholly and that didn't involve shooting up peoples sh%t !

" Gregory and Cobb, each freshmen, were arrested on March 17 and charged with property crimes related to a string of BB-gun related incidents."
Frank Martin: Cobb, Gregory no longer with the team

I'm sure the kid has tried to turn his act around. I wouldn't let him commit until KO sees the grad transfer market first still

I hear ya....I hope he has..... but the days of Uconn needing to be Father Flanagan with these kids are over...let him go to a place like Baylor because if you get kicked out of a school in the SEC ( the conference of excuses and cover ups ) we don't need him here... And like you said the grad transfer market...... somewhere between a squeaky clean, super athletic, Ivy league grad like Shonn Miller and this kid might lie the truth....

Yea we do not get the luxury of these other programs for whatever reasons.... see Self reinstating Bragg a week later. What a joke. Stating that his charge will be dismissed in 6 months as long as he stays out of trouble until then! Lmao can't make this stuff up. Smh

Reactions: the Blades
You'll shoot your eye out kid.

He looks like a wide body. If he'll rebound and work hard, I'm down to give him a second chance.

Well fooling around with a BB gun is not exactly armed robbery like Zach Brown. I just want someone who can set picks, board and clog up the lane. I am very concerned with what we have at the 5 next year, it does not look sufficient to me. Enoch has not yet developed into a consistent and reliable player, Durham is too lean and still a question mark although skilled enough to play anywhere, Carlton is really an unknown and unproven player. Not a proven rim protector and banger in that group, just guys with question marks. They need a big body who can enforce the laws of the boards and the lane.

Look if KO can get him into school... Great!

We need rim protection next year and then rebounding. Would like to get someone at the 4-5 spot that can score a little whenever needed and block shots or threat. Enoch will rebound and take a charge, so will our guards and wings but threat of block shots I don't see at all. Carlton will not bring that year 1 either.
Maybe Durham can be a Facey like guy who can block a shot or two off the ball and provide some scoring punch but we need a 4-5 that can do that then I think we will be more complete team!

Reactions: Afghusky15
This dude can't protect the rim. 5 blocks in JUCO total? I could get 5

Zach Brown was supposed to be the rim protection recruit and as we all know two different schools have dropped him and he may be headed to jail. Once that happened the staff should have gone into overdrive to recruit some rim protection. It's been a long time since the rim will be this exposed based on what we have coming back next year. I do not have a warm and fuzzy feeling about things. This has been a lost season and there are many questions for next season. I am concerned.

Reactions: UconNell
UConn does need rebounders though and hebisba big body who can clog the middle

I Agree .....Uconn needs more help down low (along with a bigger guard who can shoot it), but I just hope KO has a some other targets & someone in mind with a better resume than this kid. We're discussing a kid who put up Rakim Lubin type numbers ( 1pt, 1/2 Rebs a game in 6 minutes) as a FR playing actual D1 ball ( .056 FT %..WTF !) ...... Lubin is at 8.5/5.2 in 18 minutes playing real D-1 this year. This kid has marginally better numbers playing JUCO ( but they don't list his minutes per game) and like Lubin he's not gonna block shots......Just hope KO's got an A list and in this kid is on his B list or it could be like going back to the future (Lubin) all over again.
Eric Cobb Stats
Rakim Lubin Stats

Last edited:
Blades, Durham showed some explosiveness last night getting off the floor, that I haven't seen before. Seems like he's getting those knees healthy and more importantly, confidence that he's not going to get hurt again if he goes full tilt.

I'd love a less offensive minded Jeff Adrien to do the dirty work, but they dont grow on trees. Wish we would have shirted Facey early on.

Reactions: the Blades
I didn't say this player was a rim protector.... hence I said we need rim protection!!!
Lol sorry man wasn't aimed at you! Thinkin out loud.

I agree though that rim protection/defense at the 5 is a must get. And KO doesn't need to figure it out right now, we got a few months of people freeing themselves up ahead of us. Coaches get fired, kids decommit.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
I agree as well on rim protectors but it is such a glaring need it has to be addressed aggressively. I don't know what's out there for grad transfers or other JUCOS but all the incoming freshman we recruited either are going elsewhere or to jail. Perhaps Europe and Africa can be recruited as well. There is a Rim Protection Help wanted in front of Gampel for next season.

I Agree .....Uconn needs more help down low (along with a bigger guard who can shoot it), but I just hope KO has a some other targets & someone in mind with a better resume than this kid. We're discussing a kid who put up Rakim Lubin type numbers ( 1pt, 1/2 Rebs a game in 6 minutes) as a FR playing actual D1 ball ( .056 FT %..WTF !) ...... Lubin is at 8.5/5.2 in 18 minutes playing real D-1 this year. This kid has marginally better numbers playing JUCO ( but they don't list his minutes per game) and like Lubin he's not gonna block shots......Just hope KO's got an A list and in this kid is on his B list or it could be like going back to the future (Lubin) all over again.
Eric Cobb Stats
Rakim Lubin Stats

Hopefully this kid is on KO's D list

Look if KO can get him into school... Great!

We need rim protection next year and then rebounding. Would like to get someone at the 4-5 spot that can score a little whenever needed and block shots or threat. Enoch will rebound and take a charge, so will our guards and wings but threat of block shots I don't see at all. Carlton will not bring that year 1 either.
Maybe Durham can be a Facey like guy who can block a shot or two off the ball and provide some scoring punch but we need a 4-5 that can do that then I think we will be more complete team!

We also need another Big to help where most of the work is done, that is the lab i.e. In practices. Most of player development happens in practices and the more competition for big men the better.

Even if Cobb is not a game changer I would much rather have Enoch going up against Cobb every day than Foxen (no disrespect to Foxen).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT