ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Girls vs. South Carolina

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
I was not that impressed with South Carolina. I think that both Maryland and ND are better. Maryland is a similar big and strong team, but their guards are better than South Carolina's. ND has a very highly skilled team of girls who can handle and shoot. ND drained 13 3s against UConn in a losing effort. The reason that happened against UConn's excellent D is that ND has good guards and they run a very good offense. South Carolina was shooting a lot of bricks. When their big girls got good position and they got them the ball, they scored, but they don't have an inside/outside game. They are mostly an inside team.

And until she got in foul trouble, Tuck completely abused SC on both ends. She was blocking the shots of bigger players, and blowing by her man on offense. With ease. UConn had no problems beating USC off the dribble repeatedly all game. Stewart, Tuck and Jefferson beat their defenders whenever they felt like it.

My only disappointment is I feel UConn should have won by more than 20, but I will take the 12 point win.

Khalid, I also think The girls are improved from earlier in the year, especially on the glass. They kind of slept through the 4rth quarter(weird saying that for a college game) and made it look closer than it was.

But I agree you have to be balanced offensively ( in and out) and have a great day from 3 to have a chance to beat the champ. Maryland Scares me the most. But we are 101-1 the last three years, so it's not going to be easy.

SC will be up there with ND and Maryland that could knock us off. SC was without a heck of a player in Aja Wilson for a good chunk of the game.

We are a clear #1 but SC should not be overlooked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT