ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN does it again!

TateGorgeous

May 10, 2014
The UCONN Huskies defeated the Colorado Buffaloes and will face Kansas. I'm hoping for the Huskies to pull off the most shocking upset of the tournament. Regardless, round of 32 and the team will likely return all key contributors - Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, Brimah. UCONN always seems to prospect high schoolers who need 2-3 years of development but have NBA talent. And keeping them together and giving them experience will make us a tough out next season, probably Final Four.

All the pressure will be on Kansas... if they can make it past Austin Peay!

Watch out Kansas ! Just winning this game makes me feel great. This team could have been something really special and just might pull a big one off here.

I watched the game on tape after getting back early from the Yankees game this afternoon. UConn was horrible on offense early and missed about 8 layups in this game, but they played hard defense and then double teamed Scott second half. Ollie made a fantastic adjustment and although it seemed like Colorado abused UConn inside early, UConn outrebounded Colorado and defended their 3 point attack. I think the Buffs only made 3 threes all game and UConn was 20-21
on FTs!!!!! UConn has never been as good on the FT line. This team is shooting over 79% on FTs which leads the nation by a lot! It's a great thing to be good in, in close games.

I really liked the effort today. Hamilton in particular looked like he was playing so hard and Purvis as well, they just looked so aggressive out there. Aggression wins games. Colorado was worn down second half and didn't have legs to shoot 3s although they threw a basic press at UConn at end of game which UConn muffed a little bit.

Adams looked hurt at the end of the game coming off the court and was holding his shoulder. Is he okay for Kansas?

I do believe one of on here talked about never being able to repeat out FT% from the last championship and here we go again. Guards and FT shooting..........defense.

I listened to Francessa in the second half and watching now. -8 Rebounding in the first half, +11 in the second.

Of course, we had to make a 13 point lead interesting.

There was a hiccup when UConn got the 13 point lead and part of it was that something happened with Adams. He wasn't himself and looked out of sorts. But at the end of the game the FT shooting was lights out. In close games when UConn is getting fouled you kind of feel good about it with a team shooting close to 80% FTs. Sterling Gibbs has been lights out and even Rodney has been making his FTs the second half of this season!!!!

Very happy we got the W today. Once again this team did not play well at all in the first half but kept the game in distance. Shooting 33% from the field as a team in the first half usually will not cut it to win the game but once the second half started we came out on fire. We were down by 11 at one point and then gained a 12 point lead down the stretch. The last three minutes of the game did concern me as we blew a lead and looked like we were trying to not lose the game, instead of win it. Overall a win is a win and this team stays resilient even when the odds are not going their way. Kansas will be a very tough outing but I think this will be a very competitive game. In my opinion it would be one of the biggest upsets in NCAA tournament history considering the fact the Huskies are always underdogs and Kansas is the prohibitive favorite as the overall #1 seed. I believe in this team and I know we have the capability of pulling it off...LETS GO UCONN!!!

UConn had lots of good looks and missed makeable shots in the first half- it was the first NCAA game and there may have been some jitters or anxiety but they can't have a half like that against Kansas. The one thing that UConn did fairly well today was shut down the 3 point attack of Colorado, and Kansas is an even better 3 point shooting team because they have better guards and better execution. Davonte Graham is their best 3 point shooter and he has been absolutely on fire the last month and he is the guy UConn will have to watch closely. He is one of the best 3 point shooters in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT