ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Blog Season Predictions

If they win 20 or more will you give KO credit?

In what way is it possible to not credit the hc with the performance of his team?

I'm simply not grading him on some bs rebuilding curve because he's the reason for the supposed rebuild. Credit for 20 wins, sure, credit for failing to make the tournament or an early exit? You betcha.

Ollie has to get 25 wins for me to give him any credit. And anything worse than a top 3 finish in the conference is unacceptable. Which is embarrassing that we aren't in a power 5 and still can't sniff on a regular season championship.

We have an Aa caliber veteran lead guard, another hs Aa guard alongside him(but it's going to take some time for him to feel comfortable), an NBA wing player, gritty guards off the bench and a bunch of Bigs that offer diverse skills.

Sounds like the recipe for past Nattys in Storrs. But that was under a different regime. Let's see how they progress over the season.

We won 25 two years ago.

If it's not attainable, we don't have the right man in charge.

I hope you are right, but the team looks too inexperienced. They would have to gel rapidly for that to happen.

In what way is it possible to not credit the hc with the performance of his team?

I'm simply not grading him on some bs rebuilding curve because he's the reason for the supposed rebuild. Credit for 20 wins, sure, credit for failing to make the tournament or an early exit? You betcha.

Yes Ollie personally hired hitmen to injure and decimate his team last year which left him with 1 PG and a bunch of freshman forced into playing larger roles.

Step out of your bubble and see last year for what it was. A disappointing, injury riddled season with obvious team issues that led to departures and an overhaul for this season

Yes Ollie personally hired hitmen to injure and decimate his team last year which left him with 1 PG and a bunch of freshman forced into playing larger roles.

Step out of your bubble and see last year for what it was. A disappointing, injury riddled season with obvious team issues that led to departures and an overhaul for this season
What was the excuse these year before?
He has no ownership over players transferring, does he have to own his inability to adapt his coaching to his personnel or is is it the players' fault that he cant put them in a position to score points?

You can fire up any excuse you want but that was a poorly coached team last year AND the year before. Idc what kind of injury situation you have if you can't adapt your coaching to your personnel you're doing a bad job. Top of the key weave for days, pick n roll with no shooters on the wing. NBA prospect you can't figure out how to get him into the rotation. Saddest thing about Pitino is you won't have an opportunity to see what he'd have done with Steve Enoch. High level adaptability to the game is what separates great coaches from good coaches, zero adaptability is what separates coaches from their job. It's a waiting game.

I think 20 is a reasonable prediction but it will not get UConn into the NCAA tournament. Those are the facts of life. There will at most be 3 or 4 AAC teams in the NCAA tournament, this despite the league being at its most powerful status since day 1. The halcyon days when 20 was the magic number for a Big East team to get in are long over.

Good line Anderson.

We are on the same page about the coach.

But I think our talent, energy and diverse skills is far superior to last year. Love me some Anderson. Nails.

Good line Anderson.

We are on the same page about the coach.

But I think our talent, energy and diverse skills is far superior to last year. Love me some Anderson. Nails.

No offense man but I think you belong in an institution. They're significantly worse on D, as fun as Anderson has been to watch against tiny schools he is not a high level talent.

Wait and c if anderson is or not a high level talent his D is y he hear everything else is candy

Anderson does play very good D and have to like a guy who can drive the lane and dunk when left a clear path to the hole. He also gives UConn another guy who can play point guard. Right now Vital is struggling with his shot and Anderson tonight provided 10 bench points and quality D and played like the veteran he is. He could give the team an early season lift like Kromah did in 2013-14. Kromah was a nice piece, Ollie fell in love with him a bit too much, but he could really play D as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT