ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn and the PG spot

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Looks like the Huskies are in the mix for another 2015 guy who can handle the rock...
Found 3 pint sized names they're supposed to be lookin' at ......
You Tube------Traci Carter senior point guard [/B]
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Also saw mention of this lefty with a ton of offers:
24/7 Sports- Jahshire Hardnett
You Tube- Jahshire Hardnett
______________________________________________________________________________________________

And 24/7 still mentions this kid: Nych Smith
This post was edited on 3/3 1:55 PM by the Blades

We are basically lower or readjusting recruiting expectations based on the status of the program being an AAC program. It used to be that the question we asked was, "is he a Big East player?" Now the question is, "can he play in the AAC?"

Traci can play.... Yall crazy if you don't like him. Plus he is philly tough.

Let's see what happens but if we miss 2016 has many guards we are on and can get

Originally posted by Ozzie3178:
Traci can play.... Yall crazy if you don't like him. Plus he is philly tough.
Rivals has him a 4 star and he's the one I like the best...... looking at the peek of his tape
for whatever it's worth......he just has that certain ( E-Z Pass ) style/pace to his game and his handle...
no wasted motion, a quick and deliberate crossover and pull up...stops on a dime....
This post was edited on 3/4 7:44 AM by the Blades

Here's another one from Scout, they have him a 4 star and #18 on his position ranking and one of the top 5 available:
Top 5 available senior PG's[/B]
"After sitting out last spring and summer due to an injury, Traci Carter is back and starting to reach 100-percent. At the Hoop
Hall Classic a few weeks ago, Carter impressed with his toughness, playmaking ability and his on the ball defense. He's
streaky from long-range, but Carter, who shoots a high arcing jump shot, is capable of getting it going. He's also a good
pull-up jump shooter. This will be a quality late pick up for a high-major program."
As I mentioned above his style looks a little and reads alot like Kemba's HS report. The ESPiN'ers have him as a 4 star too
but only 29th at the position. ( Low ranking/incomplete from sitting out the summer ?) From what I saw of the other 2 PG's,
I'd go with Carter ...but at the end of the day you don't know what type of college player someone is until you know.
This post was edited on 3/4 8:01 AM by the Blades

I'm with Ozzie, Traci Carter would be a great fit for us next year. We are in desperate need of ballhandlers. TSam may have one of the worst handles for a PG that I can remember and guys like Purvis, Cassell and DHam can handle the ball but aren't ideal options to bring it up and set up the offense. That is putting a lot of pressure on Jalen Adams to come in and be our main PG - which is fine to certain extent as he is supposed to be our next stud PG recruit but he needs help.

I'm not one for just taking recruits late in the game for the sake of filling out a recruiting class but with Carter that is not the case. He can ball and I hope he comes to UConn

I hear you Silk... I had the same thoughts with not putting it all on the FR Adams especially since Omar and
Purvis can't hang onto the ball more than about 3 or 4 dribbles without something bad happening....and K-Tuck
I see the strength with Carter too ( and posted that same Youtube link above).

Plus playing with only 10 scholly players( now down to 8) like this year... should not happen again while KO gives
them out to useless walk-ons( no disrespect meant). You have 13 so use them even if you save one here or there.
Plus Uconn gains a minimum of 2 more schollies for 2016 with Omar and Phil gone.

Yea agree blades and silk. This so to move Jalen more off the ball aka bazz and Boat last year as Jalen will be asked to score and penetrate more than set the table for others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT