ADVERTISEMENT

UConn 1.5 Favorite Tonight vs. FAU at the Rent

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
This is the first of 6 straight home games for UConn and a chance to get some wins. A very good game is expected. UConn was very competitive last week vs. Duke, and hopefully can play a little bettet defensively tonight.

Last night they said UConn will triple NIL last year and if Durell keeps playing like he did last night they will need to show him the money!!!!!
Well, I guess we are starting to see what 51 new players and 27 portal guys on NIL deals brings. Other than that the biggest change is the new OC( former OL coach, now with both duties) is finally opening the offense up. After years of different Uconn OC's trying to grind out games with numerous of those putrid "Rhino sets" ( only 1 WR ) and playing not to lose FB, by running time off and clock management.

Uconn is now using 4-5 wideout sets and giving playmakers a chance to play in space. While also bringing in a bunch of NIL offensive weapons to do it. And who would of thunk it, it has now become exciting FB that is fun to watch with quick strike ability ! So yeah DB plans to do more of the same .."The Huskies raised and spent about $100,000 last season through NIL efforts. This season, the number is up ten-fold, to somewhere between $1-1.25 million......“We’re going to double it next year, at least,” he said. “We’re going to pour gas on it....The goal is for $2-3 million to be shared with, say, 40 players of high expectations next offseason"

Last edited:
That's what they were saying last on CBSSN during the game- NIL will triple next year. So I hope some potential UConn players or their families heard that.

I liked what I saw- the OL played well too and was opening huge holes for Durell and Mel, and they ran hard. When Rosa comes back next week, with Edwards resting a bit, UConn has 4 really good RBs and a QB who can also run.

Reactions: the Blades
a QB who can also run.
Yeah... he needs work and reps for his passing accuracy ( according to Mora). Evers got better last night. I think Fagnano is a better passer right now... but having a QB who can handle the ROP's makes the offense much more dangerous.

Last edited:
I liked what I saw- the OL played well too and was opening huge holes for Durell and Mel, and they ran hard. When Rosa comes back next week, with Edwards resting a bit, UConn has 4 really good RBs and a QB who can also run.
Crazy thing about the score is FAU was only a 1 point underdog and they only allowed 16 points @ Michigan St.
So bettors beware of the Huskies !

Crazy thing about the score is FAU was only a 1 point underdog and they only allowed 16 points @ Michigan St.
So bettors beware of the Huskies !
I listened to Zanetto's podcast on Friday and he had some FAU kid on who made it sound like FAU's defense was impenetrable. Well the infamous "Maginot Line" that France set up to defend against a German attack before World War II was also thought to be impenetrable. UConn went through FAU's vaunted front 7 like they were Swiss Cheese. 421 rushing yards speaks for itself, and most of that damage was done by UConn secondary RBs (supposedly) although Durell Robinson sure looks like a main man RB to me. I note he had 140 rushing yards and a 7.5 yards per carry average in the first two games sharing the ball with others. That and last night looks like main man player to me, but they don't even need him to be a 20 carry per game back. And that's what is great, they have a very deep stable of RBs who can all play.

One other thing watching the game on TV last night- (Blades I assume you were at the game) is that the CBSSN camera guy, when UConn was on offense, was CONSTANTLY faked out on misdirection plays and following the fake and not the ball carrier. It was comical and I think it may have even happened on one of the Evers TD runs (first one posted by Blades above). And I was saying to myself, "the camera guy looks as faked out as FAU's defense."

One other thing watching the game on TV last night- (Blades I assume you were at the game) is that the CBSSN camera guy,
Yep, I picked up club seats( much larger donation) for the 1st time ever, because what I thought might be coming with the revamped O and what I noticed Uconn was doing with the portal this year. Without these changes, I was almost ready to pack it in. One thing I don't like about CBSSN, is there seems to be no-replay of games anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT