ADVERTISEMENT

TulaneThread

Dominicfrank

Aug 28, 2004
This game was just more of the same. Hamilton was damn good again almost had a triple double. Boat was good and Calhoun was maybe the best game for him this year.

Brimah was as good as Hamilton let's him be and Nolan had the best moment of his season...... not fing up an oop. Purvis wasn't good.

Still Tulane blows and they hung with us........ sad.

Dom
You hit everything on the nose imo. Thought Calhoun started slow but absolutely loved the tie up he created off an offensive rebound late in the game. Would still like to see him be able to create more off the dribble but...

Thought Boat played great D and did what he had to do to create his own shot. Has to be tiring though to have to create every time and not have the ability to throw the ball down low.

Purvis continues to be one dimensional, although he shows flashes of tough D. Starting to understand why he was losing PT by season's end last yr with the Pack.

Brimah...like i train wreck i tend to focus on him and cannot take my eyes off him...which frustrates the hell out of me. When he hedges to help on D he leaves his man so wide open it's head shakingly bad. Just lucky Tulane was bad enough to only exploit this twice.

DHam, well, next year is huge cuz i don't see him in college after his soph year. Can't remember many UC frosh who have had to take on so much responsibility as he has (maybe Rip when they went to the NIT final 4?).

Glad they won, was a good game to be at, but when all is said and done, Tulane is not good and we still weren't able to score 70 points...let alone 82 needed for the Buffalo Wild Wings gift.

On point with everything you wrote guys......just to many guys that giveth and then taketh away on this team...
we see a positive somewhere but then a double negative somewhere else. No game to game consistency,
player to player....The sad thing is it's the end of the regular season and I ask myself why isn't any of this being
cleaned up across the board. Certain guys not understanding to play to their strengths and avoid their weaknesses.
Missed D assignments. Just basic basketball fundamentals that have been lacking since the exhibitions games when
Uconn just snuck buy a couple of D-II scrubs by 8 and 9 points.

And I am really starting to believe this coaching staff needs a overhall by Ollie. You have 6 bench guys
coaching 10 scolly players and they can't get this straitened out ? Is there to many Calhoun yes guys
on the bench? These guys have position responsibilities but nobody seems to be getting better. Ollie
lost 5 upperclassmen which hurt but these asst's need a long look. I would add a communicator and a
guy who showed plenty of passion like Donny Marshall to this group yesterday if I could. Calhoun didn't
need more passion on the bench because he brought enough for the whole crew, but I think KO could
use some help. JMHO
This post was edited on 2/23 9:58 AM by the Blades

It's been very disappointing to say the least. I really thought UConn would be a lot better. In particular the bigs have not gotten much better. Nolan has gotten worse. Lubin has not really played despite showing some potential. Part of it may be coaching, part of it may be some of the recruits like Purvis, Cassell, etc. are just not that good. It's like the 2009-10 season all over again as far as the disappointment goes.

UConn could win the AAC tournament but would any of you really bet on it against a team like SMU? I think SMU has a much better team.

I still think we have the most talent and for that reason we DO have a legit shot at winning the AAC tourney. Boat could have his walker/bazz moment and Hamilton is really Coming on giving the other busts relief from being considered.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT