ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Izzo complains about fouls

northdakotahusky

Nov 27, 2010
I like Izzo just fine, but this is the second year in a row he's complained about the style of play and ticky tack fouls. Izzo seems to think the game is changing.

I'm not sure what he's thinking, but the game and rules have always favored speed and driving to the basket. He had no one to guard okafor or winslow.

Michigan State's problem is they have no inside personnel. They have a couple guys who are big bodied stiffs with absolutely no basketball talent, and Dawson, who is undersized and ineffective trying to play against the guys Duke has. Dawson is their only true interior scorer and Duke wore him out on the other end so that he was foul plagued and ineffective.

The reason Izzo complains is that Michigan State is reliant on a physical style of play and if they cannot play that way or guys get in foul trouble the result is a 20 point loss.

He made some comment about needing to recruit guys who can drive...his tone seemed annoyed. If he doesn't realize he needs those guys then Michigan State needs a new coach. Obviously, he knows he needs those guys. I assume he just can't get them. Players like Winslow don't griw on trees.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT