ADVERTISEMENT

The future.......Steve Enoch....and....Jalen Adams

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
New tape ....is this the new ( 6-9/ 235lb) outside shooter we've been looking for ? ... just kidding... but he does shoot it from the
3 line quite a bit in Steve's Mix-Youtube

This post was edited on 3/17 9:21 PM by the Blades

Re: The future.......Steve Enoch....

Looks really good...I wish he had been with us Thursday...

If he is good as he looks, he should start next year. I like bigs who can shoot. However, I am not a big fan of these mixtapes. All we saw last year were mixtapes of Lubin and Lubin can't even get off the bench. Which I don't totally understand but I don't see all of what the coaches see.

Originally posted by KhalidShockedTheWorld:
If he is good as he looks, he should start next year. I like bigs who can shoot. However, I am not a big fan of these mixtapes. All we saw last year were mixtapes of Lubin and Lubin can't even get off the bench. Which I don't totally understand but I don't see all of what the coaches see.
I agree, KSTW.... mixed tapes don't show how guy will react to time and situation, especially guards, FT shooting,
( Purvis anyone ?) things like that, which can translate to winning. But I don't know where you saw any mix tape
of Lubin last year. I searched and searched and all that I ever found was a clip of his HS team that showed maybe
3-4 plays of his and a bunch of other stuff of his team mates.... Everything else on him was just stats and numbers.
...........maybe there was a reason for that like you said.
wink.r191677.gif

Here's a new mix out today- " Jalen is heading to UCONN a "Champion" after winning Nepsac's AAA Championship and The
National Prep Championship. This Mix is from both Championship games. Jalen Adams is the Best Player in NewEngland."
Youtube- Jalen Adams Has The "HEART" Of A Champion
This post was edited on 3/17 9:25 PM by the Blades

This kid will be phenomenal as long as he will be let loose!!

Like you said Blades champion a winner and for I believe all 4 years in high school albeit at different schools. He shut down Waybe Selden as a sophomore when Selden was a senior too and let him have it.

I absolutely love love Jalen and that backcourt will be super athletic next year with him and Purv and can shoot :)

I hope we get Stone because I believe that talent wise is a Nc squad as long as a leader and glue guy develops maybe. 5th year.

Maybe Quincy McKnight comes he is a big Pg with good skills

Lots of options still in play with transfers and coach firings etc...

Need to close!!

Btw anyone on here can get me Chad Lott contact Info please... Thx!!
This post was edited on 3/17 11:42 PM by Ozzie3178

I hope it happens next year, but I doubt it. We will be very hard to beat in two years. Adams, Hamilton, Purvis...that trio sounds very good. Next year assumes two freshmen make up for the loss of boatright and then some....I doubt that happens.

With Brimah making VERY LITTLE improvements over last summer I dont see ho this team does anything without Enoch being an immediate factor or us getting Stone. Even with those two things happening this team has an uphill climb.

The frontline that UConn has right now is virtually nonexistent. The only semblance of any production at the 4-5 positions is Brimah, who has a lot of holes in his game as he is not a good rebounder, is not sound fundamentally or in his lower body (constant foul trouble, constant failures to box out when he is out of position trying to block shots he can't block, can't hold his position and must commit offensive fouls to get position he likes, etc.) and can only stay on the floor and score against weak teams with small frontlines. Facey provides a little bit of rebounding and almost nothing else. Lubin and Nolan are non-factors. It's the weakest group UConn has had in the last 25 years. More than Enoch is needed. At least one other guy and maybe 2.

The rebounding numbers are what I like. This is where UConn needs major help. Do any of you guys know that Hamilton was the UConn leading rebounder by over 100 boards? It's pathetic that a guy who is really a 2 or a 3 should lead a team in rebounds by 105.

Not only that did you realize he was the 2nd leading rebounder in the entire AAC, talk about pathetic, what the hell
were all the bigs doing in this conference ?

REBOUNDING Cl GP Off Def Total Avg/G
1. BOND, Jaylen-TEM JR 32 106 148 254 7.9
2. HAMILTON, Daniel-UCONN FR 35 37 230 267 7.6
3. CLARK, Gary-CIN FR 33 89 148 237 7.2
4. GOODWIN, Shaq-MEM JR 31 80 141 221 7.1
5. ELLIS, Octavius-CIN JR 33 88 147 235 7.1
6. MOREIRA, Yanick-SMU SR 34 80 139 219 6.4
7. BARNES, LeRon-HOU JR 32 68 138 206 6.4
8. POLLARD, Devonta-HOU JR 32 84 121 205 6.4
9. NICHOLS, Austin-MEM SO 27 54 111 165 6.1
10. SMITH, Rashad-TLS JR 33 57 144 201 6.1
11. KNOWLES, Danrad-HOU SO 32 69 111 180 5.6