ADVERTISEMENT

The Fastest Program Drop-Off in the history of college bball

Calhoun_for_President

Jul 18, 2004
While watching the unmitigated disaster that UCONN has become, I have been pondering a question

Has there ever been a program that has fallen off quicker than UCONN in men's college basketball?

In my 46 years of life, I can only compare them to 1 program:

UNLV Post Jerry Tarkanian

These programs can overcome the loss of a long standing/successful coach. And I'm not even talking blue bloods:
Arizona
Gonzaga
Butler
Cincinnati
Xavier
Florida

We cannot accomplish this?
How is the administration not making a move?
Does anyone care on the state's fat payroll?

GET RID OF THIS MAN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Reactions: 12rtackerman12
Make no mistake UCONN basketball was made by Jim Calhoun and we are seeing that now.....it will be up to the UCONN family to fix what Ollie has completely torpedo'ed.

so brutal......

I was talking to a friend of mine that played 12+ years in the NBA and for a true Blue Blood program who was telling me what he thinks it will take for his beloved Hoosiers to make it back and it sounded like UCONN. But honestly if Indiana cant make it back then my friends.....we have NO SHOT.

The firing of GM should be recognized by everyone as doubling down on crappy basketball. All last year accross social media husmymaniacs agreed that something had to change, while at the same time criticizing GM for everything from his socks to development of Kevin's bigs, even though last year's Facey, who commanded doubles all season, would be the best player on this years team. It was obvious even when it wasn't said what these so-called bball fans thought should change; let's dump the guy who drew up the game plan to 3 tournament runs, goddamn brilliant.

Here we are, with a narrow victory over the worst team in cbb, while yet again letting some random have the game of his life.

Can't scout, can't teach, can't coach. What's gotta change this year? We're all out of Jim Calhoun's assistants.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT