ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Addazio

Will1118

Sep 27, 2006
I have a question for my fellow husky football fans. Looks like Addazio swept in and took some good local talent from us. Its not hard to believe since he was Cheshire's head coach back when they were steam rolling people. So my real question is why did we not make a run at him after Edsall left? He would have been a logical fit, won state championships in connecticut, two national championships at Florida under Meyer. What am i missing? did he turn us down? did we even offer him the postion. Instead we get Pasqualoni and go straight in the tank!! Now Diaco is having a hard time keeping the local talent from leaving (the little talent that state does produce). I hope we can turn things around because the football team is the key reason that keeps us from switching conference's( and BC). Basketball can't do it alone. it does not make enough money!! Just my $0.02...........go huskies!!!

Addazio signed on with Temple about a month before Edsall left for MD. When PP was hired, Mr. Burton wanted to pull back his donation because our former AD didn't consult with him regarding hiring a new coach. Burton wanted Addazio, not Pasqueloni.
Unfortunately, a year before PP was fired, Addazio signed on with BC. Considering Addrazio coaches in the ACC, and UConn plays in the AAC, I doubt Addazio would ever consider coming back to CT.

Simple version.....Edsall f%#ked us.

Addazio never had a chance to turn Uconn down because he left Florida and took his first HC'ing job with Temple while
Uconn and Edsall prepared for Oklahoma. RE never said a word about leaving after the Fiesta Bowl, he just jumped on
a plane and went for an interview with Maryland, without even telling his players. So he left Uconn holding the bag in Jan.
when most of the top candidates had already signed contracts with other schools.

This should help too:
: I told you so and he also wanted Addazio but it was to late. SA left Temple for
his 2nd HC'ing job while Uconn was getting to the lower buyout end of PP's contract, so they missed again....But throw in the
Conference Re-alignment and who knows if the Dazzler would have stayed with Uconn even though he's making only $250K
more than Diaco with more HC experience coaching at BC for a so-called Power 5 ?

Link- CFB COACHES SALARIES
This post was edited on 2/5 12:07 PM by the Blades

Well that sucks...... We got hosed both times!!!! We have no chance now that he is coaching in the ACC. We might as well get used to losing our state talent to BC. Diaco almost has no shot at putting a fence around the state. BC is really giving it to us. Calhoun must have really pissed them off!!

So a field goal is probably the main reason we are in the dump!!! If Teggart misses that field goal against South Florida. We probably lose that game, and West Virginia gets the butt whooping from Oklahoma instead of us. I would say that Edsall still leaves, which gives us ample time to get Addazio. Addazio rights the ship and keep the football team respectable. The athletic program looks good enough to be a prime time target in conference realignment. We join the ACC or Big 10 and live happily ever after....................if you believe in fairy tales lol!!!

This post was edited on 2/5 3:02 PM by Will1118

BC left the barn along time ago..but fear made them keep Uconn as far away as possible...so it's the CR thing that
hurts more until it doesn't..but the real big time kids in CT don't go to BC either...guys like Hernandez, Fortt, Redd..... or
kids like Wilkins(Clemson) or Clark (UCLA) this year....and it's not like BC cleaned CT out in 2014 with only 2 kids
to Uconn's 4. All this can be cyclical....but Uconn's got to win, get the FB profile back on track and hope for more
re-alignment. Either way CT kids will only be just a small part of where Uconn needs to recruit. You can already see
this with Diaco adding 7 NJ kids this year alone.
This post was edited on 2/5 1:44 PM by the Blades

Originally posted by the Blades:
BC left the barn along time ago..but fear made them keep Uconn as far away as possible...so it's the CR thing that
hurts more until it doesn't..but the real big time kids in CT don't go to BC either...guys like Hernandez, Fortt, Redd..... or
kids like Wilkins(Clemson) or Clark (UCLA) this year....and it's not like BC cleaned CT out in 2014 with only 2 kids
to Uconn's 4. All this can be cyclical....but Uconn's got to win, get the FB profile back on track and hope for more
re-alignment. Either way CT kids will only be just a small part of where Uconn needs to recruit. You can already see
this with Diaco adding 7 NJ kids this year alone.

This post was edited on 2/5 1:44 PM by the Blades
The Spaz years killed BC in the short term and Daz had to claw back to make progress on the recruiting front for BC. With that said, Daz got Outlow in 2014 and beat out the factories and pulled Allen away from NW at the last minute this year. Clark is a douche who was going to the team that kissed his a** the most. Although I don't believe in moral victories, BC was in on Wilkins until the end and no one saw Clemson as the end destination. Also, don't forget guys like Kevin Pierre-Louis who went to BC and had a better college career than Fortt ot Redd and is playing on Sundays.

I do agree that no one is going to be successful counting on the state of CT to fill your roster ... same goes with MA.

Yeah....recruits still have to produce.....there's not much more to add than New England is pretty bare when it comes to
filling a D-1 Roster... Though Uconn had 10 NE guys on NFL rosters this year ( 5 from CT, 3 MA and 2 from New Hampshire
of all places) and will add another from CT this year in Byron Jones...but I'm glad Diaco has alot of Jersey ties..plenty
of talent to mine out down there....so it can't hurt.

This post was edited on 3/5 3:00 PM by the Blades

Big time donor Burton wanted Addazio but AD Hathaway wanted Pasqualoni.

Then many UConn fans started bashing Burton and telling him to butt out and ripping him a new one. But it turns out he was right and the fans were wrong.

Originally posted by corrosivechemicals:
Big time donor Burton wanted Addazio but AD Hathaway wanted Pasqualoni.

Then many UConn fans started bashing Burton and telling him to butt out and ripping him a new one. But it turns out he was right and the fans were wrong.
Already had that covered in the 3rd post and here's the link: I told you so ......also if we need to continue this story
even more.......we can add that Hathaway's f#ck up of PP as his new HC ( even though Addazio was already
under contract with Temple ) after Edsall left was a direct cause of him being fired( retired) by Uconn.

But let's not forget Burton's sons both played OL, one for Edsall at Uconn (as a SR captain) and one for PP at Cuse.
And the rumors PP wouldn't make Burton's other son a captain at Cuse as a SR ...something Papa Burton was when
he played in college for Murray St. and later became a late NFL pick. So it was the impression Burton couldn't stand
PP equally for that as much as he liked Addazio ( which was moot anyway because he wasn't available)....

That was where alot of bashing of Burton came from "many" Uconn fans...not from being blown away by
the hiring of PP. Though the CT HS coaches were in love with PP, most Uconn fans were lukewarm to PP and
DeLeone as the hire.. if I recall... because we all saw how they ran Cuse into the ground.....and how AD
Crouthemal protected them at Cuse as long as he could even after comments like this :

‘In the minds of the public, clearly something had to be done, or we were going to lose everybody,’ Crouthamel said.
‘One way to do that is to have George leave.’ And also how PP demoted GDL as OC but still let his stench take
them both down. Which in the end is just what he did at Uconn. Cuse- George DeLeone took the fall

The ironic thing is history is repeating itself with those 2 program killers ..... left behind by former FB conference
mates( 2003/04 raid)....check.....a struggling FB program after their gone ( Cuse went 1-10 the year after they fired
PP).......Check....I just hope Diaco doesn't turn out to be Greg Robinson and a ticket out of this AAC purgatory
doesn't take 8 years like it did for Cuse, SMH !
This post was edited on 3/18 10:58 AM by the Blades

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT