ADVERTISEMENT

So who are the 2 commits ???.... now that the Precious drama is over ??

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Borges seems to think that one more scholarship will open up.....according to his article a few weeks ago " The Huskies are still beating down the recruiting path, looking to fill two spots. " No guess on who that 2nd scholly will be from, but someone would need to leave or go off scholly.

So let's take a look at what we know for names.... the 2019's :
C- Rick Issanza 7'1" /240 Bella Vista Prep, AZ, just visited
G- DeMarr Langford, 6' 4"/ 195, Putnam, CT ( reclassify). DH visited recently at PSA
SG- Nah’Shon Hyland, 6'3 /165, Wilmington, DE, recent Uconn offer, in home visit

PF- Precious Achiuwa 6'9 / 215, Montverde, FL, visited- UNC, Kansas, Memphis (no Uconn)
PF- Kareem Reid, 6'8" /210, Putnam, CT (reclassify), Borges claims VCU & New Mexico lead -
had recent visits to G-Webb & St. Bonnies- doesn't seem like a Uconn interest.

Transfers-
G- RJ Cole, 6’1”/ 185, Howard, in home + visiting May 24-26th, testing the NBA , has to sit a year
F-Joel Ntambwe, 6’9” /210, UNLV---- already visited, testing the NBA, has to sit a year

3 other Bigs who had Uconn mentions by Rivals, etc.-

C- Emmanuel Ugboh 6'11''/ 242, Iowa Western-- Uconn offer, committed to Tulsa
C- Khadim Sy, a 6'10"/ 240, Va Tech-Daytona State- Final 3- ECU, Ole Miss, Pitt
F- Andre Allen, 6’9” , Arizona Western -
close to committing to AZ St., he prefers to stay in the West

So it seems like slim pickings or guys that have to sit a year for the 2 spots, am I missing anyone, grad transfer bigs ?

My guess for the "2" are RJ Cole (Aman's, Uconn's in good shape pick) and Issanza once the Precious "at one time flirtation" is finally over. Ntambwe might be nice but is DH really gonna use 2 ships ( him and Cole) on 2 guys who can't play next year ? ..... The X- factor in all of this could be a current Uconn guard leaving that comes out of nowhere..

Last edited:
I don't want Issanza. Although another big is needed, that kid is raw as sushi and he would never play, unless Carlton and Akok both had foul trouble. He is not the kind of big UConn needs- UConn needs a banger type who can board and set picks, not a poor man's Brimah who could set records for fouls accumulated per minute. Maybe the staff sees something in him they like and they think he can develop, to me he looks like a major project and not the next David Robinson.

True....So who then ?.... There seems to be nobody out there like you mentioned, here's ESPN's list
College basketball transfer rankings for 2019-20
and unless Uconn could get Blackshear ( who hasn't ever been mentioned and ain't coming to Uconn to play behind Carlton ) I think Hurley's been shut out.
The recent visit by Issanza seems to say DH had no other plan B,C or D.... I guess plan B is Isaiah Whaley

Last edited:
Also regarding bigs this is what Rivals @Corey Evans_10 said in March

" Where the Huskies’ current focus remains in the frontcourt as they have kept a pulse on Tre Mitchell who will likely commit this spring, though his recruitment remains murky. Achiuwa would be their dream situation as the Huskies sit among the favorites for him. They have also shown interest in fellow center
Ricky Issanza, but if they do miss out on all three, expect for the Huskies to be active looking for transfers. The junior college route could also be an avenue that they go down, too, as Khadim Sy or Emmanuel Ugboh could be someone that would address some of their frontcourt needs. "

So it seems like it's 4 strikes and your out ....with Memphis already having big plans to play Achiuwa at multiple positions and develop his decision-making skills

G- DeMarr Langford, 6' 4"/ 195, Putnam, CT ( reclassify ??? ). DH visited recently at PSA
" has yet to decide if he will return for a post-graduate year or leave for college...“I’m still kind of 50/50 up in the air right now.”

Regarding Langford, he is #69 according to Rivals nationally, 4 star, and holds 11 offers, but they are all medium with nobody high on him. This tells me that all the school recruiting him like someone better than him at his position, UConn included. In other words, he is a good safety recruit, but for a bunch of schools:

Regarding Langford, he is #69 according to Rivals nationally, 4 star, and holds 11 offers, but they are all medium with nobody high on him. This tells me that all the school recruiting him like someone better than him at his position, UConn included. In other words, he is a good safety recruit, but for a bunch of schools:

And he still may spend another year in prep.

So Precious (without ever making an official visit to Uconn) will make his choice this week-end. Seems weird now that any of these experts on 24/7 ever thought he was a Uconn lean. But at least DH and Co. can move on and try to salvage something once Precious adds to the list of bigs Uconn has missed out on...... Also could Precious put Memphis at #1 ?...... From Monday - Boogie Ellis' commitment gives Memphis the No. 4 class ( had just decommited from Duke)

As mentioned above and in the other 2019 thread the misses from the last few days are:
F- Andre Allen , Arizona Western - committed to Bobby Hurley at AZ St
F Kareem Reid, Putnam, CT (maybe not as much Uconn interest as reported) committed to Gardner-Webb

And here's the rest of the bigmen flirtations that got away :
Kofi Cockburn- Illinois, the big one
Aidan Igiehon - Louisville, early flirtation
Tre Mitchell - Umass, who's prep coach was given a job in Amherst too
Qudus Wahab - Georgetown
Emmanuel Ugboh -Tulsa
Karim Coulibaly - Pitt

Also recent Uconn visitor Rick Issanza who has alot of Big 12 interest is now being hosted by Oklahoma

which leads to the final question:

Last edited:
So with RJ Cole now a Husky.... Uconn is at it's full limit of 12 schollies( only 11 who can play next year or 10 since Diarra doesn't seem healthy enough to play ) ....but Borges says:

So Precious (without ever making an official visit to Uconn) will make his choice this week-end. Seems weird now that any of these experts on 24/7 ever thought he was a Uconn lean. But at least DH and Co. can move on and try to salvage something once Precious adds to the list of bigs Uconn has missed out on...... Also could Precious put Memphis @ #1 ?...... From Monday - Boogie Ellis' commitment gives Memphis the No. 4 class ( had just decommited from Duke)
As I was saying " the 6-foot-9 McDonald’s All-American forward from Montverde (FL) Academy is expected to choose between Kansas and Memphis."

Last edited:
My guess for the "2" are RJ Cole (Aman's, Uconn's in good shape pick) and Issanza once ....GLAD the Precious "at one time flirtation" is finally over...... Ntambwe might be nice but is DH really gonna use 2 ships ( him and Cole) on 2 guys who can't play next year ? ..... The X- factor in all of this could be a current Uconn guard leaving that comes out of nowhere..

Borges said on April 18th the 2 for Uconn : " Ideally, would be a transfer (almost certainly a big man) who’d have to sit a season or, perhaps, receive an NCAA waiver to play right away, along with a premium talent who could help immediately this season."

Well Uconn has the premium talent who has to sit.(RJ Cole) ..so who's the big who can help immediately
( think he had things backwards)...now that Precious is gone ?

Last edited:
So Precious (without ever making an official visit to Uconn) will make his choice this week-end. Seems weird now that any of these experts on 24/7 ever thought he was a Uconn lean. But at least DH and Co. can move on and try to salvage something once Precious adds to the list of bigs Uconn has missed out on...... Also could Precious put Memphis at #1 ?...... From Monday - Boogie Ellis' commitment gives Memphis the No. 4 class ( had just decommited from Duke)
2019 Basketball Team Rankings - 247Sports

Well if this kind of recruiting lasts for Penny UConn is in a world of hurt. This is Cal level recruiting but until proven otherwise its on the up and up.

Who knew Penny was even a player these kids knew enough about to idealize.

UConn has their hands full with DH's style of grinders if we are up against one and done's like this.

I have to say, i dont hate Penny, actually a big fan.

Well if this kind of recruiting lasts for Penny UConn is in a world of hurt. This is Cal level recruiting but until proven otherwise its on the up and up. Who knew Penny was even a player these kids knew enough about to idealize.
UConn has their hands full with DH's style of grinders if we are up against one and done's like this.
I have to say, i dont hate Penny, actually a big fan.
I couldn't help myself...for comedy relief only:
D6y-Li4-UWw-AEn-Q6r.jpg

Reactions: Dominicfrank
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT