ADVERTISEMENT

Roster news

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
NH Register- UConn's Crozier to miss season; TE Williams to transfer in...

Transferring in from Northern Iowa as a Soph ( must sit a year per transfer rules) .....6-3/235....TE..Knoxville, TN / Farragut..... Billy Williams - Hudl highlights

hqdefault.jpg

Could someone from Rivals who is covering the FB Team please attempt to find out if Williams is on Scholarship... I assume that he is, because that would be a big commitment to transfer in – sit a year, and just be a walk-on... By the way is anyone covering, have not seen anything from Aman in almost 2 weeks….

Could someone from Rivals who is covering the FB Team please attempt to find out if Williams is on Scholarship... I assume that he is, because that would be a big commitment to transfer in – sit a year, and just be a walk-on...

Good point, especially since Northern Iowa does offer schollies (63) as an FCS team. Verducci was his position coach there before he came to Uconn as the OC, so that's the connection but as you pointed out to come in as a walk-on if he was there on scholly, doesn't make sense. Here's the only thing I could find on him from their site (they list him as a TE/FB hybrid, but no mention that he was a walk-on ):
Billy Williams - 2014 Football - University of Northern Iowa

per Iowa article: " he played a utility position within the UNI offense last season as a true freshman. Rotating between tight end, h-back, and fullback the Tennessee native showed potential, but had only 2 receptions for 94 yards last season."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT