ADVERTISEMENT

Randy Edsall 2.0 - Spring Practice

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Courant's primer on spring practice:

Randy Edsall 2.0 Gets Going As UConn Opens Spring Practice On Tuesday

Edsall won't bother with a depth chart this spring
— players will simply be listed alphabetically in anything made public — as his exploration and analysis remain very much in the beginning stages. Players will learn systems dramatically different than those employed by Bob Diaco.

The only major change thus far is Edsall's decision to move Chris Lee, who will be a junior, from tight end to offensive tackle. "I told him he's going in there to be the starter, going in there to compete," Edsall said. "He's a big athlete (6 feet 7, 280 pounds), moves real well, has to put a little more weight on, but he's got the lower body strength to be able to do that. I'm just trying to find a way to get the best guys on the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaggydog84
C7STotvW4AAhByy.jpg

Day one updates:

* Dan Orlovsky and Geremy Davis were among former Edsall players in attendance Tuesday. Several out-going seniors — Bobby Puyol, Mikal Myers, Williams, Melifonwu — also attended.
* DE/LB Luke Carrezola (shoulder), C Ryan Crozier (shoulder) and OL Tommy Hopkins (knee) were in red jerseys and limited in their participation. There was no contact in practice, anyway.
* Junior Chris Lee, who Edsall recently moved from tight end to the offensive line, has left the program. "He told me it had nothing to do with him being moved to offensive line, just said he went home and talked to his family [and decided], He said that he was through football. What happened is, he's just lost the love for football."
* UConn will hold Pro Scouting Day Wednesday, with about a dozen players participating in workouts conducted by 20-25 NFL scouts.

More from Mike Anthony: UConn Players Excited, Optimistic After First Practice Under Edsall

Last edited:
Reactions: UconNell
updates:
* Junior Chris Lee,
who Edsall recently moved from tight end to the offensive line, has left the program. "He told me it had nothing to do with him being moved to offensive line, just said he went home and talked to his family [and decided], He said that he was through football. What happened is, he's just lost the love for football."
In addition to Chris Lee it also looks as though the Long Snapper Nick Zecchino, who Diaco brought in on scholarship from the HS he played at in Cedar Grove, NJ, is no longer part of the UCONN Roster..... Zecchino played in all 12 games for Uconn as a true FR in 2016. Uconn still has a Rs FR long snapper Jeffrey Sidebotham, a walk on from Brookfield, CT, listed on the spring roster and also a true FR (walk-on ?) from Darien, CT joining them in the fall :

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT