ADVERTISEMENT

QB Cochrane out on Saturday

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Guess Uconn is down to a one QB system or they'll be forced to burn the redshirt they were trying to get back for Boyle. Imagine if Whitmer didn't come back for his extra year and just took his diploma and left ? As it stands Uconn is down to Whitmer, Boyle, a NC State transfer who has to sit a year and a 5-10 walk-on QB from Hebron.
Cochran Injured; Whitmer To Start At QB Vs. Stony Brook
This post was edited on 9/5 11:51 AM by the Blades

This is probably not a bad game for Cochran to miss. His injury does not sound very serious. It is nice to have Whitmer around because he is experienced, but in the past he was a somewhat mistake-prone QB whose mistakes came at critical junctures. However this is not a strong opponent. I am hoping to catch some of the game later on.

Blades you might be Whitmer's Daddy for all I know, but unless you are, there is no way you want him to ever start another game. He is terrible. He seems like a great kid but he is an awful QB.

Originally posted by KhalidShockedTheWorld:
Blades you might be Whitmer's Daddy for all I know, but unless you are, there is no way you want him to ever start another game. He is terrible. He seems like a great kid but he is an awful QB.
Just got back from the game, I'll take Cochrane all day after watching the two of them. Seen enough now to see
a huge difference with vision, release quickness and being able to put a little touch on his throws. Only thing that
Whitmer is better at is arm strength, but what good is it if you miss targets over and over....?
( I should add that he did lead Uconn in rushing with 52 yds on 13 carries, while running for his life and had 0 int,
which is an area that he's needed to improve on for 2 years)

But honestly Uconn has worse problems. After watching the OL and DL, specifically, for alot of plays it was a joke
of how often Uconn let guys walk right around them right into their backfield. And this was a FCS team..WTF.....
The DL was no better... they couldn't get off their blocks over and over....so Stony Brooks QB's had all day to set
up shop....So it's a big(s) big(s) problem with no solution or new talent in sight... time to find some FBS transfers
looking for PT that are buried on the depth chart at their current schools.
This post was edited on 9/7 10:24 AM by the Blades

It was a win, but it looked like a loss. A real suckfest, Blades. I realize that Diaco is somewhat handicapped by the poor recruiting of the last 3 years, but somehow I expected better than this. Randy Edsall had the program headed in the right direction and then it took a giant step back when he left. I think it is not going to be a quick fix and with only 23,000 at the Rent today, attendance may go in the tank fast.

Nothing new KSTW... I think everyone in the stadium felt just like the SNY writer at the end of this one:

John Silver[/B]@

"This is just ugly........ game needs to end...... UConn wins. First win of Diaco era. I would hope others

are less painful to watch and earn. "

Also everyone of the 23,543 who braved out this game played in a 90 degree sauna, from start to finish needs a game ball !

And in other games on Saturday.....things that make you go hmmm:Taysom Hill's 3 TD runs lead BYU's 41-7 romp at Texas over the Longhorns
BYU batters Texas by 34

Also tough day for the AAC just 2-7 on the day

This post was edited on 9/7 10:27 AM by the Blades

How do you think the UConn hockey team will be this year? They seemed to be headed in the right direction last year with the new coach they hired from BC and the money recently pumped into the program.

Hockey East is a whole other animal, but Cavanaugh's recruiting has seen a big swing up .....he has the first 3
NHL draft pick commits for Uconn. He pulled 2 top Minnesota kids and has been adding some Euro talent too.
2 NHL guys are with the team and one will be in juniors this year. Kind of weird NHL picks can play in the NCAA
and go to pro camps in hockey but they force basketball players out the door even if they make the wrong NBA
draft decision. Also unlike hoops(see Kentan Facey) Uconn has a bunch of commits that can/will delay college,
play in juniors and show up as 20 year old freshman, by NCAA rule. LINK- Taking College Classes in Juniors

Cav also had to trim the roster and cut some underclassmen for higher level scholly players, But hockey overall
is hard to guess, see: Uconn with a lower level roster and just finally adding schollies going 2-1 vs. Hockey East
teams last year and tying NCAA Champ Union 2-2.

I've edited the link for wiki if you want some info: Connecticut Huskies men's Ice Hockey
This post was edited on 9/7 11:33 AM by the Blades

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT