ADVERTISEMENT

Providence

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
UConn -7.5. Vegas seems confident that UConn will exact revenge on senior night in Storrs. Ed Cooley may have some tricks up his sleeve. Stay tuned.

It looks like Croswell is woofing at Sanogo and Sanogo said something back at him. I wish they had one of the guys miked up. Would make watching the game even more fun.

What happened to Samson Johnson? Is he still on the team? I am watching Karaban getting lit up again by Hopkins and wondering where SJ is?

Hurley got the memo from Blades. AJ took no 3 point shots tonight. And only 3 overall, and was 2/3 on FGs. Clearly, someone told him to stop shooting jumpshots. UConn was 10-21 on 3s, with the right guys shooting them:

Good news for Nahiem Alleyne-with his 3 for 3 shooting on 3s tonight, he has finally crested 30% and now stands at 31% for the season. He is slowly moving the numbers closer to his career 37% 3 point shooting.

Hurley got the memo from Blades. AJ took no 3 point shots tonight. And only 3 overall, and was 2/3 on FGs. Clearly, someone told him to stop shooting jumpshots. UConn was 10-21 on 3s, with the right guys shooting them:
Yep it was a beautiful thing when the first shot AJ took was a lay-up off a cut to the basket ! A sign of things to come ! He played the type of active game that helps lead his team in all the other areas he's really good at. Less from him is more ;) ..... He even made a left handed post move in the second half that we haven't seen before, so again big shout out !!!

Everyone else played to their strengths and joined AJ in killing it on the boards, for a dominating win. Also loved the way as a group they beat their man off dribble and didn't get stalled on the perimeter. Which has happened alot vs. these physical BE teams. Overall great being up there at Gampel, crowd was electric, in spite of the $2 beers ( or maybe because of, since I'm not a drinker, LOL! )

Last edited:
The $2 Two Roads beers seems to have stoked the crowd. Both Alex Karaban and the coaches seemed to think the $2 beer night was an awesome idea. I am not sure about Two Roads thinking it was an awesome idea, although I have been to their original brewery in Stratford. I do not drink or generally partake in any concessions at any sporting or entertainment event, because it's just a way to rip people off. If I go to a UConn game I will eat or drink either before, or usually after the game. The last few games I went to at Gampel I hit the Subway in the Student Union for a pregame meal.

The $2 Two Roads beers seems to have stoked the crowd...... If I go to a UConn game I will eat or drink either before, or usually after the gameThe last few games I went to at Gampel I hit the Subway in the Student Union for a pregame meal.
Yeah plus alcohol at Gampel is a new thing in general. I think for the last season or 2. They never had it on campus at games until recently...... The Student Union food court is always my go to also. If I decide to eat something/ grab a slice, etc. Arena food in general for me is pretty much inedible, whether XL or Gampel.

I had thought it was Two Roads because that's what I mainly saw people drinking my last game at Gampel. Big shout out to the folks at Miller Lite for supporting UConn hoops and nourishing UConn fans!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT