ADVERTISEMENT

Past, present and future

I was hoping Brimah was spending a little more time in the weight room doing bench presses and bicep curls so he doesn't get pushed around like he was in Duke game and in other games against big physical teams when he was completely invisible and in foul trouble.

I was hoping Brimah was spending a little more time in the weight room doing bench presses and bicep curls so he doesn't get pushed around like he was in Duke game and in other games against big physical teams when he was completely invisible and in foul trouble.

He needs to add more strength but it's base strength and weight as much as anything. Most of your boxing out and positioning is below the waist but it's a very valid point. He may never be built for it, so maybe he'll just continue to be a fly swatter and even more important why Shonn Miller at 8.5 Rebs per game( vs. lower comp) can give D-Ham some help on the boards.

Also that wasn't a travel. it's called a jump step, it's been taught below HS on up for years, you don't establish a pivot so you can take another step after you stop. Though I've seen some refs blow the call.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT