ADVERTISEMENT

Pasqualoni on hot seat in third year at UConn

He should've never been hired! Wish Addazio had taken it but didn't bc get him before Edsall left?

Partly right. Temple had already hired the Dazzler after Golden went to the U. in Dec. and since Edsall didn't want anyone
to know he was leaving before the Feista Bowl it was to late. But he ended up leaving Temple after 2 years for the BC gig.

This post was edited on 8/15 11:13 AM by the Blades

I am not a big Addazio fan but was less of a Pasqualoni fan. He has to make a bowl game and have a winning season. None of this 6-6 but a 8-4 would make folks feel much better, including me

Hiring Pasqualoni was either UConn throwing in the towel, knowing that they dropped the ball on conference re-alignment or flat out stupidity. You'd think that after making the commitment to go big time they'd go in for a penny, in for a pound. But, they went in for a penny, in for a penny.

Hartford Courant : A Dismal Opener To A Crucial Season"The last time the Huskies lost to a I-AA team was against Middle Tennessee Nov. 17, 2001.(When Uconn was I-AA)
Forget about Middle Tennessee. On Aug. 30, 2013, there is this distinct feeling, even after only one game that the
UConn football program is in the middle of nowhere."

Constant boneheaded plays at key moments with a HC that still forgets he can't save his 3 1st half TOs for the 2nd half.
an OL that still can't understand DeLeone's zone blocking schemes after 3 years. And 2 guys like PP and GDL who belong
in the Geriatrics ward not collecting huge retirement checks to coach Uconn football while they suck every bit of life possible
out of the program. ( 5 players from last years team are on NFL rosters but if you listen to some CT media PP apologists,
no talent is supposed to be the reason they were 5-7 and now they lose to a FCS team for the 1st time in Uconn's FBS history)

Uconn has officially been Kragthorped, but at least Kragthorpe was young enough to have a future in the game. Pasquoloni
and DeLeone have done nothing more than come back to CT to steal as much money as possible for things they did 20
years ago. Burton was right he should have kept his money and took his name off the building. So F#$k You Jeff Hathaway
one more time.

Warde needs to stop the bleeding and get someone who's young and energetic enough to relate to these kids who need to
be micro managed at every turn. A HC who has a future in the game not these 2 prehistoric relics who are connected at the
hip. Because one thing that PP can guarantee about his teams and GDL can say the same about his OL, is that they will
always look unprepared and unorganized. Especially in key situations.
Details Of Paul Pasqualoni's UConn Contract:
January 1, 2014-December 31, 2014: Base Salary $425,000, Public Relations and Media Fees $1,375,000; Total: $1,800,000
January 1, 2015-December 31, 2015: Base Salary $450,000, Public Relations and Media Fees $1,450,000; Total: $1,900,000

In the event that the University terminates the contract for any other reason than just cause as defined by the

contract, the coach shallbe entitled to continue to receive the following payment in full satisfaction of the

university's obligation to the coach:

January 1, 2014-December 31, 2014: $600,000 January 1, 2015-December 31, 2015: $400,000

This post was edited on 9/1 5:53 AM by the Blades

coming out of the skip holtz hell, i feel your pain.....hopefully our new coach can do a lil better....the fact that bj daniels just made the roster on th SF 49ers just shows how bad skippy really was

Originally posted by dausfbulls11:
coming out of the skip holtz hell, i feel your pain.....hopefully our new coach can do a lil better....the fact that bj daniels just made the roster on th SF 49ers just shows how bad skippy really was
Damn I thought Uconn's loss was bad. Looks like Skip left Taggart in great shape just like he left the cupboard bare
at Uconn when Edsall took over( though we were coming out of 1-AA ourselves) After seeing your SCORE against
McNeese St. it looks like the only place to go is up for both schools but we have to get rid of Pasqualoni first,
especially since they overpaid him to get him from Dallas and the guy will be making close to 2 Mil a year if we don't.

But it also looks like there is plenty of company all around with 8 FBS programs losing to FCS's. The Big 12 had last
years champ Kansas St and Iowa ST. both lose to FCS's and WVU only got by William and Mary by a touchdown.
Then Iowa and top 25 Oregon State lost to FCS teams. So much for the delusional title of the "Big 5". Almost AAC
members San Diego St and Top 25 Boise St.(by an FBS) got their clocks cleaned too so it looks like everyone
joined the party.... maybe it's better they didn't join........ not that it makes me feel much better about PP.

NCAA article- Count the ways FCS > FBS

This post was edited on 9/1 7:25 AM by the Blades

Originally posted by the Blades:
Originally posted by dausfbulls11:
Damn I thought Uconn's loss was bad. Looks like Skip left Taggart in great shape just like he left the cupboard bare
at Uconn when Edsall took over( though we were coming out of 1-AA ourselves) After seeing your SCORE against
McNeese St. it looks like the only place to go is up for both schools but we have to get rid of Pasqualoni first,
especially since they overpaid him to get him from Dallas and the guy will be making close to 2 Mil a year if we don't.

But it also looks like there is plenty of company all around with 8 FBS programs losing to FCS's. The Big 12 had last
years champ Kansas St and Iowa ST. both lose to FCS's and WVU only got by William and Mary by a touchdown.
Then Iowa and top 25 Oregon State lost to FCS teams. So much for the delusional title of the "Big 5". Almost AAC
members San Diego St and Top 25 Boise St.(by an FBS) got their clocks cleaned too so it looks like everyone
joined the party.... maybe it's better they didn't join........ not that it makes me feel much better about PP.

NCAA article- Count the ways FCS > FBS

This post was edited on 9/1 7:25 AM by the Blades
Iowa didn't lose to a FCS team. Northern Illinois is FBS.

Originally posted by Flashman:
Good call, good call. Though I'm sure our Uconn alum HC Kirk Ferentz and Iowa (B1G) fans don't feel to
happy about the loss. But needless to say it was a very productive week for the FCS schools in the
upside down world of CFB. So much for the power conferences and their push for a new division, LOL.

Ready to see Pasqualoni make a big jump in the rankings... he's making as much as Randy Edsall is at
Maryland to run the Uconn program into ground-
CFB Coaches SALARIES & CONTRACTS
Battle of the hot seat coaches in East Hartford on Sept 14th:

Pasqualoni makes a quick jump into the Top 10 as his bid for the Top 5 this week falls short at #6:

PaulPas67.jpg

Paul Pasqualoni
Connecticut

While the former Uconn head coach is trending down from #2 trying to get out of the Top 10.

RandyEdsall2.jpg

Randy Edsall
Maryland

This post was edited on 9/3 12:05 PM by the Blades

Quick question fellas in regards to the fbs/fcs which give scholarships? How can i find a list of every confrence that gives out football schlarships as i was shocked to find out monmouth university in nj gives out full rides.

Come on Mike..... you know...ha ha...the old reliable... Wiki-
List of NCAA Division I FBS football programs
" FBS programs are allowed to provide scholarship aid to a total of 85 players, and may grant a full scholarship to all 85.
FCS schools are limited to financial assistance amounting to a maximum of 63 full scholarships, although some conferences voluntarily place further restrictions on athletic aid."

This post was edited on 9/3 3:44 PM by the Blades

Their been a number of opinions on what went wrong in UConn's first game, the coaches, the players and on and on it goes. One game does not make a season but this was awfull. My friends and i all came to a agreement that the thing that bothers us the most was how unprepare they seem to be in all area's of the game and the coaching staff was disappointed in the over all effort of most of the team. It was a stinker and lets hope we have seen the worst or this could get realy bad. As a loyal fan i will keep the faith and hope things get better. Some fans will start early and if UConn continues to play this bad it will become a horror show. All we can do is hope it gets a whole lot better. I'm wishing for alot but thats what loyal fans do. GO HUSKIES!
This post was edited on 9/5 11:18 PM by billnat

Originally posted by Flashman:

Good call, good call. Though I'm sure our Uconn alum HC Kirk Ferentz and Iowa (B1G) fans don't feel to
happy about the loss. But needless to say it was a very productive week for the FCS schools in the
upside down world of CFB. So much for the power conferences and their push for a new division, LOL.
northern illinois went to the orange bowl last year. They were a six point favorite in this game

Originally posted by studed:
northern illinois went to the orange bowl last year. They were a six point favorite in this game
I figured that out and mis-read an article that was commenting on some of the week one losses
and as I said "So much for the delusional title of the "Big 5"... Sometimes match-ups don't always
go as planned even for members of the "power conferences".

This post was edited on 9/8 12:37 PM by the Blades

Blades I know it is always impossible to forecast these things but after watching the brutal exhibition against Towson St. it seems hard to imagine how this Husky squad becomes bowl eligible never mind something like 8-4. Am I wrong? Another way to state it is: We have to win this week.

It looks like we're expected to lose by a touchdown or so. Based on what we saw last Thursday night I'm surprised we're not double digit home dogs. I take that to mean that Edsell's crushing of Old Dominion is almost meaningless more than there is a great deal of hope that this Husky squad is going to come around under this coaching staff. With that said, it is still early so there is hope, isn't there. Is there really any chance that we will be able to run the ball...ever?

I'm surprised too about the PT spread, especially since Uconn's win last year in Maryland came with them having to
play Perry Hills, because of injuries, who is now their 4th string QB. Plus you look at what Uconn lost on D, in
the return game from Nick Williams(a PR for 6 vs. MD) and it doesn't look very promising for the Huskies. As far
as figuring out MD this year their other opponent was FIU who they destroyed at home 43-10. But FIU didn't do any
better as a home team vs. UCF losing 38-0, so who knows by the scores.

But either way if PP doesn't pull this one out he's one step closer to the door, which is fine by me because he can
take DeLeone and his zone blocking scheme with him. The guy has destroyed any continuity Uconn's OL had since
PP took over and demoted Foley who ran a great OL for the running game ever since he started at Uconn.
This post was edited on 9/10 10:17 AM by the Blades

The one surprise was not giving another QB some time. When UConn was down 32 to 13 in the last quarter. CW had two more picks and now 3 in the first two games, same oh thing. GO HUSKIES!

The other thing that becomes more glaring week to week is how bad McCombs is at RB. I would say he's
the worst starter ever at Uconn since the move up but they continue to use him. From Terry Caulley
( before his ACL injury) who would never go down to Brockington, Dixon, Brown, Todman, they could all take a
hit and keep moving. Just the fact that he's still about 170lbs soaking wet and hasn't done the work to add any weight
or improve his game in 3 years says alot. Todman came in not much bigger but left at about 203 lbs. LM isn't fast
enough or strong enough, so slow and small is no way to go.

Beyond a bad OL, which we already know is nothing to write home about, unless McCombs has a whole big enough
to drive a mack truck through, he goes down by almost any arm contact. I'd like to see what the true FR Marriner can
do just on the fact that he's already a stronger option at 192 lbs as a FR and I liked his record setting HS look in VA.

But overall they have alot of problems that need to change. The only strength Uconn seems to have on offense is
teams trying to match-up with the big WR's, but now it looks like Phillips could be out. ST's without Nick Williams
gives them nothing, and they are bringing no pressure on DL. On the bright side this probably leads to one day closer
to the end of the Paul Pasqualoni era.

This post was edited on 9/15 3:52 PM by the Blades

It's nice to know that we're in the top 3 of some category. We were beaten on both sides of the ball on virtually every play. Running between the tackles with no credible mis-direction is simply mind boggling. How do you expect to have sustained drives when you are committing to picking up zero or one yards on one play out of every 3? Why they don't roll out and try to pick up middle distance yardage is beyond me. They aren't going to be able to contain Michigan by pocket passing - everyone knows that but what is unexplainable is that they are going to try and then have no plan B when it doesn't work.
On D if you are getting no pressure on the pocket by bringing only the down linemen wouldn't you bring different packages and looks? Nope, I guess you wouldn't if you are this team.

And now we have it, Uconn football has something that is #1 in the country.... LOL !

This post was edited on 9/23 10:23 AM by the Blades

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT