ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pearl Suspended, Auburn Placed on 4 Years Probation

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
This is the second time Pearl has been punished for recruiting violations. This time, it seems the NCAA concluded he took the consistent approach of looking the other way when questions about assistant Chuck Person's dealings were obvious:

On another note, I think it is up to the schools to determine whether an assistant coach or any coach is having financial problems, which is the defense asserted by Person's attorneys and one that apparently enabled him to escape jail time. In the real world, employers do not allow employees who have access to money or company secrets to continue such access if they have financial problems. My firm one time relieved an office manager of those duties (she had access to our books and money) when we learned she was in serious financial distress. Clients of mine who work at companies like Sikorsky and Electric Boat have told me that filing bankruptcy would cause them to lose their jobs automatically. I remember one client I defended in a foreclosure told me he would lose his job if we filed bankruptcy; we ended up doing a deal. It would be very easy for Chinese spies to buy secrets from these people, in fact, they are trained to target them as sellers out of their employer.

That is the real world and Auburn needs to enter the real world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT