ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Schroder Gets $5.9 Million From Celtics after Turning Down $84 Million from Lakers

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Can someone here please explain to me how Dennis Schroder turned down 4 years/$84 milllion ($21 million a year) from the LA Lakers in order to accept a 1 year $5.9 million deal from Brad Stevens and the Celtics? How did this happen? WTF? Is Schroder's agent still employed????????????????

I think he is a legit starting point guard in the NBA and I am simply baffled by how this happened. I seriously doubt that Schroder took any kind of discount either out of allegiance to the Celtics as a fanboy or thinking the Lakers did not want him as a starter, because there are $84 million reasons to get over that. Plus, the Celtics signed him as a backup to Marcus Smart!!!!!!!!!!

More on this shocking development here:

Last edited:
If you do the math, Dennis Schroder left $78.1 million on the table. That is a crapload of money to leave on the table.

Can someone here please explain to me how Dennis Schroder turned down 4 years/$84 milllion ($21 million a year) from the LA Lakers in order to accept a 1 year $5.9 million deal from Brad Stevens and the Celtics? How did this happen? WTF? Is Schroder's agent still employed????????????????
depositphotos_33998641-stock-photo-businessman-holding-sign-will-work.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT