ADVERTISEMENT

OT: more fun @ da Ville

I guess Steve heard the party scene there is worth the trip.... :p:p:p !!!

I wonder how the "staff needs a shakeup" clown posse, who feels the need to crap on transfered players, wraps their heads around Louisville's interest in Steve. Giving Kevin credit for a rebuild? Lol

This team would have been better in 17-18 had KO been fired and the bench just slid up one. The only thing keeping him hanging on is that ridiculous contract, whoever signed off on that needs to be emasculated.

I wonder how the "staff needs a shakeup" clown posse, who feels the need to crap on transfered players, wraps their heads around Louisville's interest in Steve. Giving Kevin credit for a rebuild? Lol

This team would have been better in 17-18 had KO been fired and the bench just slid up one. The only thing keeping him hanging on is that ridiculous contract, whoever signed off on that needs to be emasculated.
Or the fact that he won a national championship and didn't have 2 of his best players last year. Either one.

Reactions: jhc08002
Minus 3 weeks from his goofy career and he's an irredeemable bum. Can't even keep a team together. You're all out of excuses soon enough. I'm giving full credit to Bazz for those 3 weeks

Minus 3 weeks from his goofy career and he's an irredeemable bum. Can't even keep a team together. You're all out of excuses soon enough. I'm giving full credit to Bazz for those 3 weeks
Lol. Vance, Juwan , and Steve will be so hard to replace .

There is a bizarre disconnect occurring with our fan base, 3 guys with nba potential left the program telling you there is no chance to develop here and the reaction is "meh he sucked anyway". Yes, this is what the players themselves are telling you, they are telling you your coach is incompetent at player development. Statistically I'd be inclined to agree with you, if Kevin can't develop the kind of recruits getting love from ND & Louisville then it shouldn't matter who he gets to replace their lack of production...of course we have to pretend KO isn't responsible for that lack of product...but the point is moot anyway because the clown can't even fill vacant scholarships.

Look I wasn't happy these guys left either, but I think you're WAY overselling them. Vance has a shot at the league MAYBE. Enoch has 0 chance and Durham played about 5 mins last yr. I think Juwan could improve a lot, but saying they have NBA potential is a serious stretch.

Uconn fans are literally the only people who agree with that assessment, even KO disagrees with you based on recent comments.

There is a bizarre disconnect occurring with our fan base, 3 guys with nba potential left the program telling you there is no chance to develop here and the reaction is "meh he sucked anyway". Yes, this is what the players themselves are telling you, they are telling you your coach is incompetent at player development. Statistically I'd be inclined to agree with you, if Kevin can't develop the kind of recruits getting love from ND & Louisville then it shouldn't matter who he gets to replace their lack of production...of course we have to pretend KO isn't responsible for that lack of product...but the point is moot anyway because the clown can't even fill vacant scholarships.
If you think any of them are going to the league idk what to tell you . Louisville isn't ever going to give major minutes to Steve or Juwan .

They absolutely have league potential & it's not as though that assessment comes from me, on the flip side all of the negative assessments regarding these guys come from Internet warriors so I don't know what to tell you. Kevin is telling you that Steve has the potential to be the best scoring big in school history over clips of him hitting a turn-around j. But now he's gone and armchair coaches want to talk about "he wasn't all that good".

Reactions: the Blades
They absolutely have league potential & it's not as though that assessment comes from me, on the flip side all of the negative assessments regarding these guys come from Internet warriors so I don't know what to tell you. Kevin is telling you that Steve has the potential to be the best scoring big in school history over clips of him hitting a turn-around j. But now he's gone and armchair coaches want to talk about "he wasn't all that good".
He was also probably the worst defensive big in Uconn history . Vance is way to slow for the league. Juwan may have had the potential at one point but I don't see it at this time .

Kinda tough words, don't you think?

He was also probably the worst defensive big in Uconn history . Vance is way to slow for the league. Juwan may have had the potential at one point but I don't see it at this time .

It doesn't really matter whether jd is going to make the league eventually because he proved his value beyond doubt at the collegiate level. He's capable of being a high level scorer who can stretch the floor and grab boards.

I understand what you think of jd & Steve, but now they're going to lift for a year and be in the gym all that time and when they come out looking like a world-beaters because they're playing in legit d1 offenses that includes them what are you going to say? When all of these scouts and coaches are telling you these kids are the real deal you're just shrugging it off because you saw them not thriving in a system that big men are bailing from.

What is the most likely explanation, that everyone including KO (who didn't want these kids leaving) was wrong and continues to be wrong about their potential or that everyone on the internet from their living rooms and section 205 tix sees the right thing and Rick Patino is nuts?

Less than 2 months ago: "Steve has been playing well, we've got to have him play more effectively on the defensive end," Ollie said. "That's the only thing I'm worried about with Steve. He's going to be one of the best offensive players, big men, who ever played here. I'm not worried about that. It's on the defensive end where he has to get better, and I've seen progression from him, it's been a steady ride."

Exactly coach.......defense comes down to coaching and hard work..... If your not teaching or motivating your players that's on you and your staff.....but since you can't get the best out of the talent that you decided to recruit for your program and your system ( three 4 star players that alot of other teams in the AAC don't seem to get)......
.... I guess you failed twice as their head coach ..... first by bringing them here if " they didn't fit your system "..... and secondly by not being to able to get the best out of them while losing them to high major schools, who seem to be lining up to get them.

"Louisville, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Northwestern, Georgia Tech, Butler and Duke have all called and expressed interest in Durham."

Reactions: andersonfro
Less than 2 months ago: "Steve has been playing well, we've got to have him play more effectively on the defensive end," Ollie said. "That's the only thing I'm worried about with Steve. He's going to be one of the best offensive players, big men, who ever played here. I'm not worried about that. It's on the defensive end where he has to get better, and I've seen progression from him, it's been a steady ride."

Exactly coach.......defense comes down to coaching and hard work..... If your not teaching or motivating your players that's on you and your staff.....but since you can't get the best out of the talent that you decided to recruit for your program and your system ( three 4 star players that alot of other teams in the AAC don't seem to get)......
.... I guess you failed twice as their head coach ..... first by bringing them here if " they didn't fit your system "..... and secondly by not being to able to get the best out of them while losing them to high major schools, who seem to be lining up to get them.

"Louisville, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Northwestern, Georgia Tech, Butler and Duke have all called and expressed interest in Durham."
Yeah, it's ollies fault Steve can't play D.

Yeah, it's ollies fault Steve can't play D.
LOL ! That's all you got.....guess you've never played the game at any level higher than gym class...but glad you stopped by ....KO needs apologists like you after
the clustrf#ck that HE created ...

I feel Steve Enoch did develop, his post moves were good but he just couldn't finish around the rim. He missed a couple of wide open dunks. I feel like Ollie gave him a chance to take Amida minutes but Defensive Enoch was a liability. He stayed committing silly fouls and he couldn't protect the basket.

LOL ! That's all you got.....guess you've never played the game at any level higher than gym class...but glad you stopped by ....KO needs apologists like you after
the clustrf#ck that HE created ...
So people just aren't great defenders , and never will be . Steve is just one of the guys. If he goes to school that has a more offensive mined coach I'm sure he'll be a fine big man , but for Ollie's defense first style of ball he wasn't going to ever be a reliable option .

Enoch was a really bad defender, of that there is no doubt. Among the worst I have seen for someone who was reasonably athletic.

Reactions: Ph33
I hear ya KSTW, Enoch needed work, but the funny thing was as good a defender as Brimah was supposed to be... he was still committing those same dumb fouls throughout his career. The whole point is you just don't throw out the balls like in gym class and hope some guys play D. That is the coaches job to beat it into them, especially when he gets to scout these kids and recruit them himself like KO did. And if he doesn't think he can handle it... why did he recruit em' in the first place ?

Any coach worth his salary can teach a player to play positional D . ( look what JC did with a guy like Okwandu who started out as a fouling machine) . It's almost like some of these fans think it's Calhoun and Blaney's job to teach these guys to play. But I could see why some would.... most of the guys on the 2014 team were both recruited and had to go to JC's boot camp.... before he handed them off to KO for his NC.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT