ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD - UConn vs. Gonzaga: How to watch, betting lines, key stats & more

So True, all the drive-by know nothings on TBS had to some how justify their clueless Gonzaga predictions as a better team, so they wanted to downplay all the legit fouls that were called on this slug. I got news for em' .....
Timme and his 5-14 FG , 3 TO's (in 31 mins, BTW) wasn't doing anything anyway. So suck one, Charles and the rest of you TBS shills.

Last edited:
Timme did man up after the game:

“Look, we can say ‘what if’ right?” Timme said. “What if they didn’t call a foul? But the bottom line is they were the better team tonight. They made more shots. They got the 50/50 balls. Regardless of whether we want to say what-ifs, the refs didn’t control that game. They were the better team tonight.”

As did Mark Few:

"UConn was just terrific tonight,” Gonzaga coach Mark Few said. “And we didn’t have any answers, especially when kind of everything really didn’t bounce our way. And we can’t absorb a game like that when our offense is as bad as it was tonight.”

Timme did man up after the game:

“Look, we can say ‘what if’ right?” Timme said. “What if they didn’t call a foul? But the bottom line is they were the better team tonight. They made more shots. They got the 50/50 balls. Regardless of whether we want to say what-ifs, the refs didn’t control that game. They were the better team tonight.”

As did Mark Few:

"UConn was just terrific tonight,” Gonzaga coach Mark Few said. “And we didn’t have any answers, especially when kind of everything really didn’t bounce our way. And we can’t absorb a game like that when our offense is as bad as it was tonight.”
ZZZZ, I don't care, of course they know they got hammered, so it's not them....I'm just not interested opposing fans opinions, previews, blah blah, blah or all these fake news guys who show up at tourney time like they think they're all that.

We're way more critical of our own teams strengths and weaknesses during the entire year as this thing is built, so who cares about all the lame spins and narratives of these poser "experts". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jay Bilas, the Dukie, did pick UConn from the beginning of the tournament.....but he isn't on TBS. The TBS show in my mind is more focused on comedy and entertainment than they are on serious basketball analysis. I was actually very surprised when Barkley and then Kellogg both said they thought Gonzaga was the better team, and nobody challenged them.

Other talks shows more interested in arguments than their substance, as discussed in this blunt exchange:

Last edited:
The Gonzaga blog mentions Gonzaga's 33% FGs was its lowest in a game since 2010 and its 3 point percentage was its lowest since 2012:
There is also some criticism of Few for his low usage rate on Malachi Smith, something we heard questioned during the game by Van Gundy and Bonner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT