ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon

Poor Jalen Adams. He had 100 turnovers Monday night, but he's the only guy I'd pay to see.

If Bill Walton does color for one of our games again, I hope the tv is turned off too.

Well it was fun but they are what they are ...a 1-4 team ( NCAA resume)...and as Walton just said "they didn't come out with the intensity to play in a championship caliber game "...the part Big Bill doesn't know is we've seen this way to often in the last 3 years...the don't play smart enough and tough enough until it's too late......let the apologists begin !!!

It was not a terrible loss but I really think this team is missing something. I doubt Gilbert will be back but maybe Diarra can return and help on the boards. UConn needs more bodies. Why is Enoch a total nonfactor?????? I look at him and he can't be this bad that he is getting no run at all

Enoch is a looking like a waste of a scholly so far. Forget his production. Which is zero... his energy and action when he is out there is like he is in a heroine induced coma. Just looks so lost and lazy... I don't get that part. If he plays hard and fouls out I can live with that but this crap has to stop.

Hope Diarras knees are good enough to get him back at some point this year to play at least a few minutes.

The slow starts is ultimately hurting them down the stretch of games. Being down 18-3 within the first few minutes and trying to play catch up all game will not result in any wins. The fight is there in the second half but why are they not playing like that for the entire 40 minutes? The defensive rotations and fundamental switching is so basic yet UConn still does not know how to defend. We cannot rely on Jalen to do everything for us; as great as he has played, everyone else can't defer him to save the day.

This entire season will be a learning process. I don't care about recruiting classes or national rankings; if you can play when it matters, that's all that matters in the end. We have so called "talented" players but if you do not play as a team and do the little things right, you will go nowhere. This team has to learn how to play with each other and not get so discouraged when things do not go their way. It will be a valuable lesson to everyone who can establish a vital role on this team and prove what it takes to play at an elite level.

It was not a terrible loss but I really think this team is missing something. I doubt Gilbert will be back but maybe Diarra can return and help on the boards. UConn needs more bodies.

What's the mid semester transfer rule !...Juco ?? .they got find another guard, or can they even do it ??? can't play the rest of the season with only 3 guards when they play alot of 3 guard line-up, foul problems, no other wings other than Vance...big problem waiting to happen....

UConn needs another guard and they also need another 5 because Enoch has been a total zero. Going forward he cannot be counted on so they have to look to the future and replace Brimah otherwise UConn has no rim protection, nobody to rebound, nothing inside. Gotta look at grad transfers and whatever else is out there, just a big ole help wanted sign at the 5.

And they cannot play with 3 guards........more bodies are needed in a big way. This is looking like a lost season, this team will lose more than a few AAC games and there are no good wins on the schedule. All they have to show is a 3 point win at LMU...........hardly an impressive resume and it does not figure to improve much. They don't have the weapons to beat the Syracuse zone........that game will be ugly.

Reactions: dbaum_
Unfortunately can't do anything unless a juco transfer is eligible to come in and play in January. Don't see that happening. That's why it's crucial we get at least Diarra sooner than later. Hopefully Rique is back early also.

Unfortunately can't do anything unless a juco transfer is eligible to come in and play in January. Don't see that happening. That's why it's crucial we get at least Diarra sooner than later. Hopefully Rique is back early also.
Thought you said rique is applying for a redshirt .

Thought you said rique is applying for a redshirt .

First off you apply for a medical redshirt at the end of the season...

Second of all I'm hoping against hope that he can come back and no surgery is needed.

I didn't mean to say he will come back. I'm just trying to figure out how we will win some games this year lolol

Last edited:
If Diarra can play he will get minutes because he can help on the boards and with defense inside. He might even be the backup 5 we need due to the invisibility of Enoch and consistent confusion he has when he is out there like he just started playing basketball.........this team will not win a lot of games as presently constituted. They are like 17-14 NIT type team.

First off you apply for a medical redshirt at the end of the season...

Second of all I'm hoping against hope that he can come back and no surgery is needed.

I didn't mean to say he will come back. I'm just trying to figure out how we will win some games this year lolol
Hami lol. Ik it won't happen but one could dream haha.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT