ADVERTISEMENT

Open Period Updates

aman kidwai

Staff
Apr 28, 2015
Let's see what the new staff is up to now that they can hit the road recruiting.

Burnett, who plays QB and DB for Maret in DC, where he went undefeated his senior season, is being recruited as a WR.

QB commit Jordan McAfee received a visit from TE coach Corey Edsall.

Both are excited and intrigued by the hiring of Rhett Lashlee for offensive coordinator.

Taft WR Elliot Brown received a visit from the staff and will be visiting UConn next weekend.

No, see the date ? somebody from the new staff must of offered, Asst HC Terry Richardson has always had a lot of FLA connects since that's where he grew up and was back in the area at the U. a few years ago...probably won't mean he will come here but if you don't make any calls you don't make any sales...

Last edited:

my guess is he got a "no thank you" from the new staff... was a lightly recruited prospect by UConn standards.

Reactions: the Blades
Am I missing something here? A 4 star recruit being seriously looked at by multiple P5 programs with no ties to the northeast.
I'd say it's one of those offer to build visibility and a relationship with his high school. IMG Academy attracts a lot of talent, obviously.

Reactions: jhc08002

confirmed with him that the offer is being honored by the new staff. Hubbard also received a home visit from Richardson at the beginning of the open period.

Last edited:
Another casualty of the new 3-3-5 need for speed D that Crocker wants to go with ?

Sad side of CFB recruiting for the kids especially when coaches change and the guy running their side of the ball changes his scheme ( nice article again on Crockers D).
I think Diaco was the only FBS offer the Dickens kid got ( ?) and thought it was laughable that Matt ( Jan 16) thought Diaco was going to offer him a Nebraska scholly even if he is a fine young man .
.....So I'm glad to hear Dickens just got offered from URI. But it's a 2 way street in recruiting, no one was crying for Uconn ( even without a coaching change) when Harbaugh came in at the last second and a kid who said he was committed to Uconn (Nolan Ulizio) flips to Michigan a week before signing or even worst was that kid Kirk Livingstone who decided the day before to bail on Uconn. So it's better for them to learn 3 weeks out that they don't fit the scheme.... than come in and join a staff that didn't recruit them if they will never see the playing field.. Also saw that Cummins kid was just using his Uconn "commitment" until he shopped himself around
and now he has Baylor and a bunch of others knocking @ his door ( kids sound pretty gleeful when they use a school) :

Last edited:
This kid looks like an under recruited stud. Sign him up.

Terry Richardson and Edsall are back.

In-state LB from Windsor High, same as Justin Pinnock, who just committed to Pitt, and Tyler Coyle, a class of 2016 prospect. Currently committed to BC.

Reactions: the Blades
Like this kid a lot. First highlight he is catching a screen pass in space and moves real well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT